Soft

Part 7
Alessandro
Once we got back to the house, Mia went upstairs to get some rest. I went and sat in my office waiting for the boys to come back. I rubbed my forehead and sighed. Mia was changing me. I could normally kill anyone no matter who was watching in a heart beat yet today I couldn't. I showed fear. I looked weak. I can't look weak. I'm the most powerful leader. I was pulled out of my thoughts when there was a knock on my door. "Come in " I spoke and in walked Leo. He came and sat down on the chair in front of me. "We did it boss" he said proudly. " did he admit who he was spying for ?" I questioned. Leo gulped and shook his head. I threw my fist onto the table which made a loud bang. " someone's after us Leo. I have a bad feeling." I admitted with a stern look on my face. " I think that too boss." Leo said as he put his head on the table with a sigh. " we can be one step ahead of them. We just need to keep our guard up. Once we know more we can kill the person in charge." Leo nodded to what I just said.
We both sat in silence for a minute before he sighed and spoke.
" Alessandro what's happening with you and Mia "
" what do you mean Leo"
" you've gone soft. You used to be able to kill in a blink of an eye yet when she was there today you couldn't Alessandro. You showed fear! We can't look afraid! " Leo's voice started to get louder as you could see he was clearly slightly angry about it.
" I love Mia Alessandro. She seems nice and she's the one girl that you have ever looked at like you look at her before but she's starting to effect the mafia. She's only been here one day yet she's had a big effect."
I nodded my head I knew what he was saying was true. I knew I was starting to go soft and I shouldn't but I couldn't stop it.
" well what do I do Leo "
" distance yourself from her. Spend most your time with us ."
With that he walked out the room leaving me slightly  confused. I didn't want to distance myself but maybe it was best.
I sat in my office for a bit longer before I decided to go downstairs . I wanted to check on her. I wanted to check she was okay but I couldn't. I know I need to be strong for the mafia I can't be weak.
I got my car and drove off to the office. Maybe I'd be able to get some information from someone.
Once I got inside I stormed through the hallway angrily and walked down to the basement. The basement was where we kept the people we had taken. They were all put in cells with only water and a piece of bread to keep them going.
I took one man out from his cell. He looked afraid yet I wasn't going to show him mercy. I took him upstairs to the room we were in earlier. I put him on a chair and tied him up.
" please don't " the man muttered.
" oh no. I will enjoy every last piece of this. "
I picked up a knife and started to slowly strike it against his leg . The man was screaming and I smiled. I didn't even know why I was hurting him. It was out of pure anger really.
I bent all of this fingers backs until they all broke and were bent at different angles. I picked up my knife again and carried on making cuts on his body. I held it at his neck slowly hovering it over it.
" please don't. I haven't done anything "
" ahh, I know you haven't but I'm angry. " that was the last words I said before I slashed his neck instantly killing him.
I had blood all over my clothes and blood was all over the floor. I smiled. I wasn't going soft.

Mia
I woke up from my nap and went to find Alessandro. I couldn't see him anywhere. I went downstairs looking for him when I bumped into Leo.
" hey Leo"
" hi Mia " he said as he ruffled my hair
" do you know where Alessandro is ?"
"No, I haven't seen him for a while "
" oh okay thanks anyway" I said as I smiled and walked into the lounge and decided to put on a movie.
Hours went passed and there will still no sign of Alessandro. I got up from the sofa and walked to the front door. As I opened the front door I saw his car pulling up the drive. I sighed in relief and the worry that I was feeling faded away. He walked up to the door and completely blanked me. He walked upstairs.
That's when I saw he had blood on his clothes.
" Alessandro are you okay?" I asked
" fine " he replied.
That was the only word he muttered to me that night.
End of chapter!

Note - sorry this has taken me long to update! Hopefully I will update a lot more now.