Mascarade ball

Alessandro
Once Mia told me about the ball, I can't say I was thrilled to go. It's a tradition that every year, everybody from all mafias go to. In theory that means her father should be there but if he keeps his part of the deal he won't be turning up.
I haven't told Mia about all the details yet as she seems excited.
The reason she won't have been to one before is because people take a date to the ball not their families. This means that when I turn up everyone will know who she is and that she is now associated with me. Now this may create a target on her back however I will do everything to stop that from happening. Traditions go on at the ball that I will explain to her later. Some are too dangerous. But I don't need to worry about that as I will get her out of there in time.
As I am the leader of the top mafia, I always have a grand entrance which this time I am rather excited for. I'm excited to see the amazed looks on people's faces that I have found a girl. A real girl rather than just one of my one night stands. I've never taken a date with me before to the ball. For me it's almost been a tradition as I've never had anyone to take and in all honesty now everyone expects me to show up alone.
I knocked on mias bedroom door as it was time to go. I heard the voice of my sweet angel welcomed me inside her room. I pushed the door handle down and walked into the room. Standing in front of the mirror was Mia. She was more beautiful then ever before.
Her ball gown was phenomenal. Something you would picture out of movies not real life.

The dress was perfect on her

The dress was perfect on her. The colour suited her perfectly as it complimented her long luscious brown locks.

 The colour suited her perfectly as it complimented her long luscious brown locks

Every thing about her outfit was just perfect

Every thing about her outfit was just perfect. I couldn't keep my eyes of her. I watched with pure delight at each movement she made as she did the last finishing touches. I am so lucky to have someone like her.
" you are just perfect" I told her as I took her hand and walked her down the stairs and out to the car.
Instead of me driving we were being driven in this vehicle.

Mia placed her head onto my shoulder as she began to speak

" so what's the ball for ?" She asked me
" it's a ball that's happens every year. Every body from all the mafias will be there. " I told her hoping she wouldn't ask too many questions on the people.
" oh okay " she said. I could sense the nerves in her voice.
" will my dad be there ?" She whispered in fear.
" no baby girl. I've sorted that. You never have to worry about him again!" I told her as I grabbed her face and whispered quietly into her ear.
" I do need to warn you though baby. We will have a grand entrance. People will not be expecting me to have a girl. When they find out who you are it will be even more of a shock. Remember I am there to protect you okay? If anybody tries anything come straight to me. I will be with you most of the night however I will need to talk to some people and mingle with the guests. "
She nodded her head as she understood what I was saying.
" there are some traditions that will also happen. "
" what do you mean ?" She asked me shifting in her seat uncomfortably. I guess she could sense the hesitation in my voice.
" some will test mens ability to kill, others will test strength" was all I told her.
I think she took the hint that I didn't want to talk about it so she didn't carry on.
" what about the babies Alessandro ?" She asked concerned.
" we need to try and keep it a secret the best we can. Your dress doesn't show your bump and it's lucky that you aren't heavily pregnant. It will increase the chance of danger to our babies if all mafia leaders know about them. " I told her completely serious.
I too thought about this. All I knew is that kids and mafia do not mix. Nobody ever gets pregnant in the mafia. If they do they are simply chucked away. They have to fend for themselves without any help. People will expect me to do that if they know.

Finally we pulled up outside the venue.I immediately got out so I could help Mia out of her side.
" what a gentleman " she told me as she chuckled to herself. She took my hand to help her get down and out the car.
Once we were both out I let out a sigh trying to prepare myself for the night to come.
" are you ready baby girl ?" I asked her
" I guess " she told me as she looped her arm around mine.
" remember what I told you Mia. If you need me come and get me or call me. "
" I will" she assured me.
We walked up to the entrance. The big double doors were just in front of us. I pushed them open revealing a huge ball room with hundreds of people inside. All of their heads were turned to look at me as I walked in. I looked at Mia to tell her we are about to walk in.
I held my head up high as Mia and I hand in hand walked through the entrance into the ball room.
Gasps filled the room as they saw the beautiful girl accompanying me. I smiled a satisfied smile. Well that was a surprise I guess.
Mia beamed at everyone, showing the kind girl she is.
" keep walking " I whispered to her through gritted teeth so nobody could see what I was saying. She followed my lead as we walked towards the bar area. Every time we walked past somebody their eyes would be glued to Mia. Now I hated that dress. She looked to damn good in it. Fucking assholes were looking at my girl with hungry eyes.
In the mafia, marriage doesn't mean anything to most men. Most men stood with a wife by their side, some just a date yet it wouldn't matter, as soon as there is something better they want it.
I pulled out a bar stool for Mia to sit on because I didn't want her feet to ache.
" what would you like princess?" I asked her patiently
" lemonade" she said
" one lemonade and one whiskey " I demanded to the bartender.

Once we had our drinks I realised that it was time for me to talk to some guests.
I Left Mia apologetically sat at the bar. I straightened up my jacket and walked over to guests.

Mia
I was sat calmly at the bar until I heard somebody say " hey gorgeous ". The thought of someone calling me gorgeous that wasn't alessandro gave me the creeps. I chose to ignore the man.
" nobody ignores me girl so you are brave " he told me as he sat down on the stool next to me.
" I'm Julian "
As soon as I heard his name, I remembered it from Alessandro.
Now I need to get away.

End of chapter!
Okay so there is a part two to this. I didn't want to put it up all on one as the chapter would be too long and I wanted to give an update today and I can't finish it all by today!

Can I just say thank you for all the support you are all amazing!

What did you think to mias outfit?