Fear

(Mia)
My name is Mia Hermendez and I am 17. I have two brothers - Tyler who is 22 and Mason who is 19. We are all very close, well as close as we could be with father constantly beating me. They wanted to protect me and fight back but we all know how it would end. My dad is a mafia leader. He is powerful don't get me wrong but his mafia was not the best.  We had the 3 rd best mafia in the world and our gang was called Vipers. We were bad but not as bad as the eagles. The eagles were the best mafia group and were lead by the one and only Alessandro Accardo. He  was feared by all mean. He is 20 yet has all the power in the world. My fathers dream is to work with him and somehow overthrow him to be the mafia leader of Eagles.
We live in a massive house yet it didn't feel like home. For the four of us it was way too big. Our mother had died about 5 years ago. I still miss her. I think about her everyday. Our father never admitted to killing her yet we all know it was him. She had a heart of gold and never deserved to be with such an evil man. I think he had her poisoned. Hopefully one day he will admit to it.
I am the youngest sibling as well as the only girl. My father uses me. He beats me until I am blue most days. I will get back from school to be his punching bag. I hate it and him.
But school felt like my only escape. It was a place to be normal. Nobody knew who I was or what my father did not even my best friend Kara and I intend to keep it this way.
My brothers are in our mafia and I have been taught a few tricks to help me protect myself.
I am under strict rules when I am not at school. I am not allowed to leave the house unless I have permission from father.
I would love to get out of this house but I don't think it's possible.
Maybe some day...

End of chapter