Chapter 88: Approaching Winter

Start from the beginning

Yue Zhishi quietly listened. He wanted to say something but couldn't — his major was too different. He could only follow along and praise Song Yu a few times before looking out at the congested bunch of cars; he stared at the car licence right in front of them.

"That's very valuable," Zhang Siyun said, not stingy in her praise of Song Yu's innovation.

"Someone's done it before," Song Yu indifferently said. "I was only following what they've done."

"If you complete the later stages of the research with my dad, you'll definitely get a lot of achievements." Zhang Siyun leaned back into her seat and sighed, a cute tone in her voice, "Ah, as expected, smart men are the sexiest."

As though some wind had blown in from a secret little hole, Yue Zhishi found himself a bit cold, but he was convinced only he himself felt that way. He could only shrink into his cotton clothes. He rested peacefully for a while, but he still ended up opening his eyes and asking Song Yu, his voice very weak, "Can I watch anime for a bit?"

"Didn't you say there wasn't a new episode?" Song Yu glanced at him. "And it's easy to get car sick if you use your phone in the car."

"It's okay, I want to watch it again." He pulled out his earbuds and put them in, saying to Zhang Siyun, "You guys can talk, I'm going to watch something."

Yue Zhishi turned back around after seeing Zhang Siyun give him a smile; he watched the video by himself, the sound turned up very loudly.

He'd actually watched this episode four times already. There was really nothing in it worth rewatching again, and since it was only twenty minutes long, he'd almost already memorised all the dialogue. It was such a funny, boisterous episode, and yet maybe because he'd watched it too many times, Yue Zhishi had no interest in it at all.

With his earbuds in, he could still hear the muffled, vague noises of Zhang Siyun laughing; she seemed very happy. He too wanted to know what they were talking about to make her so happy, but the other half of him put a stop to those thoughts.

One episode finished, and so he clicked onto the previous episode, pretending his video had still more to go. But Song Yu stopped the car — they had arrived.

Yue Zhishi took off his earbuds and unfastened his seatbelt. He heard Zhang Siyun suggest, "Look, since we're already here — there's a good western restaurant over there. They've been open for many years. Let me treat you guys to a meal."

Zhang Siyun smiled as she pointed at her watch. "It's already a bit late. It's fine if you're hungry, but will you let your little brother go hungry too?"

Yue Zhishi was thinking of something else, so when he heard them talk about him, he absent-mindedly nodded. "I'm fine with anything."

Song Yu looked at him — he didn't want to go, so he still ended up rejecting her.

Zhang Siyun didn't force them, taking her luggage from Song Yu. "Since you're allowing me to owe you one meal today, I'm definitely going to think of a way to return it back to you next time."

Before leaving, she brought up exchanging contact information. She was very smart, first adding Yue Zhishi's details before saying to him, "Just forward your brother's WeChat to me, my hands are so cold I don't want to scan anymore."

Yue Zhishi hesitated for a very long time after she left. He still ended up mutely forwarding Song Yu's WeChat to her, locking his phone immediately afterwards.

Yue Zhishi thought Zhang Siyun truly was someone who knew very well how to chase after someone. She didn't cling around when she knew she wasn't wanted, understanding when to gracefully step away. Her innate self-confidence was also very attractive, as though she'd never lost before in front of others; it was why she was so sure of herself despite encountering Song Yu's cold personality, so assured she could take things one step at a time.