Chapter 76: Early Inheritance

Start from the beginning

Yue Zhishi only understood why the driver said the hotel was very decent after he got off the car, saw the financial centre building with its one hundred-plus floors and followed Song Yu into the elevator. They arrived at the magnificent large lobby of a luxury hotel.

"Why'd you book such an expensive hotel?" Yue Zhishi carried his own luggage towards the steps, but he'd only gone up two of them when Song Yu took his luggage from him.

Song Yu said, "You should ask yourself instead why you didn't book a hotel when going out of town."

"I just thought there'd be time for me to find one after I arrived." Yue Zhishi had originally wanted to eat at a very famous local restaurant after his flight landed before considering where to live. He didn't think his plan would be so ruined.

Song Yu didn't continue speaking and lugged their luggages towards the reception.

There were almost no other people in the hotel lobby in the middle of the night. Song Yu took out his and Yue Zhishi's identification documents and gave them to the female receptionist on duty. Yue Zhishi sat on top of the luggages, first lifting a hand to observe the small water droplets left on his coat, and then raised his head to peer around everywhere. He reached out a hand to touch the small potted plant sitting on the reception desk.

Not long after, the revolving door behind them turned again. Two men came in, looking like they'd had some alcohol; they staggered in, supporting each other as they entered. Yue Zhishi spun around on his luggage and looked at them — he felt they were really like scraps of paper stuck to each other due to static electricity, wobbling here and lurching there and yet unable to come apart.

For some reason, the system couldn't immediately find the room Song Yu had booked. The receptionist asked them to wait and got up to look for her manager, and the other male receptionist attended to the two newly arrived guests.

Yue Zhishi watched the two of them with his head tilted sideways. He realised they were wearing matching earrings and necklaces, and even their clothes were very similar. Their lowered arms were left intimately next to each to each other, the backs of their hands grazing; it took some difficulty for their hands to find each other, but they very quickly separated.

"Do you have a room with a king bed?" asked one of the men, his head curved onto the other's shoulder. His words were a bit slurred from the alcohol. "I want one with a window."

"We do. Please wait." The male receptionist took their identification documents and rapidly processed them, offering out their room card with both hands.

The female receptionist helping Song Yu and Yue Zhishi with their booking finally returned and apologised to them. "I'm so sorry, there was something wrong with the system. We can upgrade your booking to a double bed business suite with a balcony for free. It'll have two rooms."

Song Yu's hand was resting on the marble desk, and he rejected coldly, "No need. The previous one's fine."

"I understand."

The two young men next to them stumbled towards the elevator, holding each other up. Yue Zhishi was like a small animal who'd had his attention caught, gazing at them as he spun the luggage underneath him in the same direction they walked towards.

The male receptionist who'd helped them check-in smiled profoundly and hinted at that couple's relationship towards his female colleague. "Tsk tsk, king size bed."

The female receptionist was actually helping Song Yu with a room with a king bed at this very moment, and she raised her head a bit awkwardly, meeting Song Yu's eyes. She then elbowed her colleague very apologetically and offered the room card to Song Yu. "This is your room card. If there's anything you need, please let us know. We'll send up your luggage for you."