Chapter 75: The Status of Lover

Start from the beginning

"No wonder I couldn't call through to you," Yue Zhishi said. Song Yu had been on the plane. He leaned on Song Yu's body and asked in a muffled voice, "What if I'd left? You would've travelled over for no reason."

"I wouldn't have. You temporarily can't go to Guangzhou, and there was a high probability of you waiting in the airport after the flight was delayed instead of choosing to take another travel method. You're not in that much of a rush."

He was like a machine calculating predictions. "After the airline company informed everyone of the flight delays, you would've stayed in the airport, watched a few episodes of anime, ate something and then continued to wait."

All correct.

Yue Zhishi sniffled, pulling away from Song Yu's arms, and suddenly noticed the girl sitting at the table diagonally across from them was staring in their direction — he only then realised his and Song Yu's actions seemed to be overly intimate. But he didn't retreat a distance away, only rather obstinately saying to Song Yu, "So you would rather risk a wasted journey instead of telling me you were coming over."

After staying quiet for two seconds, Song Yu revealed a very rarely seen expression: he looked like he couldn't understand what was happening. The staff member from earlier now came over with a cup of hot sugar water and even gifted them a hot Americano.

Yue Zhishi gave her his thanks and also said he'd troubled them. The staff member was very frightened. "Not at all, it was really our fault. Our shop's being renovated so we couldn't open the back door. Our delivery person also missed two bags of flour this morning, which is why he was here just then. It was too dangerous."

"It's fine." Yue Zhishi smiled at her.

"It's a good thing you're okay, I was so scared." She looked at Song Yu as she spoke and couldn't help but praise, "Your boyfriend honestly feels so reliable."

"Ah..." After hiding it for long, Yue Zhishi was very much unused to other people knowing about their relationship. He became a bit bashful, not knowing what to say. "...thank you."

"The two of you really match each other." The staff member acted like a young girl, covering half her face with her tray. "I won't bother you guys anymore, please let me know if you need anything."

"We will." Yue Zhishi watched as she left, immersed in the delight of someone praising Song Yu as reliable. He carefully lifted up his cup and drank some water, throwing his pills into his mouth as well.

He'd yet to swallow when he heard Song Yu belatedly ask, "You'd like it more if I told you ahead of time?"

"Hm?" Yue Zhishi had just taken a large sip of water, and his cheeks were puffed up; he widened his eyes and blinked at Song Yu in confusion.

"Me suddenly showing up — you don't like it?" Song Yu asked again.

Yue Zhishi quickly swallowed his pills and then shook his head, worriedly saying not at all. "I just found it strange why you didn't tell me. What if you arrived and I wasn't..." Halfway through his words, looking like he'd realised something, he abruptly froze, and he touched Song Yu's arm with a hand.

"Gege, did you want to give me a surprise?" Yue Zhishi slanted his head.

Song Yu suddenly coughed, turning his head away to drink some water. He still didn't look at Yue Zhishi even after he put down the cup. "I just didn't want to tell you."

Yue Zhishi stared at him for a while and then unexpectedly threw himself into Song Yu's arms very happily. "Thank you."

"I originally thought there wouldn't be any issues with me going to Guangzhou by myself. It would've been fine if you didn't come, I would've just had to work a bit harder with a lot more small inconveniences." With his arms around Song Yu, Yue Zhishi raised his head and looked at him with very sincere eyes. "But now that you're here, I don't even mind the small inconveniences."