Chapter 74: A Wish at the Airport

Comincia dall'inizio

Yue Zhishi silently thought, I didn't even know there was something like that. But it had been the same when Song Yu played in the basketball team during high school — Yue Zhishi could pretty much imagine the scene.

"I'm guessing you guys still don't know yet." Nan Jia winked at Yue Zhishi. "Our Le Le has a great relationship with senior Song Yu."

Everyone around the round table looked at Yue Zhishi at the same time, and it flustered him a bit, the pen in his hand dropping onto the table before rolling down to the floor.

"Wow, what kind of relationship?"

Qu Zhi watched as he picked his pen back up, his face a bright red.

Xiao Qi's secretly hidden gossipy nature exposed itself, and she very quietly asked, "Are you guys brothers? I heard senior Song Yu got into a fight with one of our school's seniors just to stop him from forcing you to drink."

"No no, they didn't fight," Yue Zhishi rushed to explain. "Just a small argument."

"Are the genes in your family all squeezed from Nüwa?" Chen Pi was collapsed on his chair. "How could there be such a large difference between people?"

Not wanting to explain further, Yue Zhishi hurriedly changed the topic and asked Nan Jia, "How did he reject you?"

Nan Jia supported her chin with a hand and pulled up her chat record with Song Yu. "Let me show you how cold and heartless he was. Look." Nan Jia held up her phone for Yue Zhishi to see. "I sent him such a long message, telling him this competition was really important and really needed a model who could shock the entire room. I even dragged you in as well, and talked about how hard you've been working the last few days just for this. I said we really, really hoped he could help us out — it would be the icing on the cake."

"But look at what he said." Nan Jia's finger slid downwards.

[Song Yu: I don't want people looking at me. Look for someone else.]

"Doesn't he sound particularly hard-hearted!"

Yue Zhishi looked at the time of Song Yu's reply. It was after he'd sent him a photo of his hand.

He almost couldn't imagine it: in front of other people, Song Yu was a cold and ruthless machine that rejected everything, but at the same time, he could cutely complain to Yue Zhishi you're being very unfair simply because he didn't receive a photo from Yue Zhishi in return.

It was such a wondrous feeling — it was like a little cat reaching out its paw and giving Yue Zhishi a very lively scratch despite forever giving other people only its haughty back.

"Since he's your older brother," Qu Zhi suggested as she looked at him, "he might say yes if you ask."

"Me?" Yue Zhishi thought the idea wouldn't quite work. "If senior Song Yu said he didn't want to be in the spotlight, then even I might not be able to succeed."

Nan Jia waved a hand. "No need, no need. We already have enough models, they just need to practice their runway walking. Song Yu should be fairly busy too, so we may as well not bother him."

Xiao Qi's cellphone suddenly rang as they were speaking. She went outside for a bit, and she looked grim when she came back. Her father operated a store for handmade, custom-designed qipao, which was why she was so familiar with fabrics and had a certain level of resources. She'd been given the jobs of contacting fabric manufacturers and clothing production factories for their designs.

"The, the fabric manufacturer just called me..." Xiao Qi sat down and looked at Yue Zhishi with very anxious looking eyes. "They said they don't have that special fabric we need. I asked them to help me double check with other manufacturers, and they said this transparent silk's about to go out of production and is also really expensive. Very few manufacturers still sell it — actually, there's only one left. But, but that manufacturer most likely won't give it to us."