Chapter 70: To Accept Things as They Come

Start from the beginning

Song Yu took a bite and then looked at Yue Zhishi who seemed to not care about how it tasted. "It's tasty."

"Really?" Yue Zhishi tried the sandwich he'd personally made. "It seems okay."

He felt like Song Yu's requirements for him always seemed very low. His ability to tolerate him seemed very high, and his attitude towards him seemed extremely mild. He'd only just realised these things now, but after carefully combing through his memories, he realised Song Yu had been like this towards him since a very long time ago.

Song Yu left with his previously prepared luggage before 8am. He left in a great hurry, and Yue Zhishi took the elevator down with him, still in his pyjamas and slippers. Without any hesitation, Song Yu kissed his forehead in the elevator and told him to continue sleeping after heading back up since he didn't have class that morning anyway.

The elevator doors slid open, and the cold wind directly slithered itself around Yue Zhishi's neck and ankles. His eyes followed Song Yu as he entered the car park, gazing at his receding figure. Yue Zhishi was so cold his entire body was numb, and he shuddered.

"Song Yu," he called out, very loudly. He watched as Song Yu turned around, and he initially wanted to run over — but Song Yu headed back towards with him with large strides until he arrived in front of Yue Zhishi.

Yue Zhishi dived into Song Yu's coat very docilely and wrapped his arms around his waist. "You have to be careful. Remember to bring me a present, and don't get sick."

Song Yu nodded. Since there was no one around them, Yue Zhishi rose onto his tiptoes and kissed his chin. "Don't worry about me. I'm not that sad anymore."

He knew Song Yu had been really worried about him over the last two days at home. It was why he hadn't stayed in his room by himself like he used to, and instead, had stayed with him in the living room and had stayed with him to do many things. Song Yu's care was silent, without sound — it flowed like still water, smoothly and deeply.

"Don't be afraid." Song Yu caressed his face.

Yue Zhishi shook his head, a firm look in his eyes. "Whenever I think about how you've passed so many years like this, I feel so distressed. My heart hurts so much it doesn't even have room to be afraid." Very straightforwardly, very honestly, he said, "You don't have to be worried about me leaving you because I'm afraid either — I won't do that. The days where you struggled by yourself won't come back again."

"Do you remember my fortune stick?" Yue Zhishi tilted his head.

Song Yu gave him a very faint smile. "Let nature run its course."

That fortune was actually his.

"Yes. We'll face the future together."

Worried he'd be late, Yue Zhishi retreated from Song Yu's arms and urged him to leave. But at the very last moment, Song Yu said, "Call me again."

"Huh?" Yue Zhishi didn't understand. "Song Yu?"

"Call me gege." Song Yu raised an eyebrow.

For some inexplicable reason, Yue Zhishi's heart sped up. He was all too familiar with those two words, but being asked to say them at this very moment — there were a very subtle feeling added to those words.

"Gege..." he said softly, head lowered.

Song Yu took ahold of his waist, the buckle on his belt pushing against Yue Zhishi's lower belly. Their chests pressed together, and Song Yu rewarded him with a kiss full of possessiveness and yearning, as well as rough breathing, damp and hot.