40

*sensitive content*

40
ENZO GARCÍA

"Pregnant?" Elodie laughs and I furrow my eyebrows. "I'm not pregnant." She says, with confidence filled in her voice.

"But how do you know that? We have unprotected sex all the time!" Killian exclaims and she looks down at the floor.

"Elodie, baby." I whisper gently and she looks back up with watery eyes.

"I can't have children. My Fallopian tubes have been removed." She whispers, her voice cracking and my heart stops. "I'm never going to be able to have children a-and I'm sorry, I should of told you. You might of wanted kids - oh gosh I'm so sorry!" She cries and I quickly make my way over to her and hold her beautiful face gently in my hands.

"Darling, there is no need to be sorry. Don't ever be sorry, my love. It's okay, it's completely okay." I reassure her as she begins to cry into my chest.

"I can't do anything right." She cries harder and my own eyes begin to water. I look over at Killian who looks at her with sad eyes.

"You are perfect, Elodie. Such an amazing woman." I whisper in her ear and she tightens her arms around me.

"I really wanted to have children one day." She mumbles, looking up at me with bloodshot eyes.

"We can always adopt." I say and her eyes brighten.

"Really?" She whispers.

"We can adopt as many children as you'd like. I know you'll be an amazing mother." I smile down at her and her beautiful smile returns to her face.

"So you're not annoyed with me?" She looks between Killian and I.

I instantly shake my head.

"Come here, baby." Killian smiles, opening his arms up and she rushes into them. "We love you no matter what."

She rests her head against his chest and smiles at me. I wink and she giggles.

"You know when we first had sex and we asked if you were on birth control-"

"I'm sorry." She interrupts, looking down in shame. "I didn't want you to think badly of me, it was really selfish of me."

"No it wasn't, it's okay, my love." I need to keep reassuring our girl, I don't want her to crawl back into the shell she was once in when we first met her.

"Okay, well let's adopt like three boys and two girls." Killian speaks up and I look at him with raised eyebrows. "What?" He shrugs and I lightly shake my head, a small smile on my face.

"You can just about look after yourself, Killian." He scoffs at my words and pulls Elodie even closer to him.

"You hearing this, El." She laughs and I smile, glad that she's a little happier.

"Can we get a kitten?" Elodie randomly questions and I tilt my head.

"Sure." Killian answers and lifts her up, making her wrap her arms and legs around him. He begins to place kisses on her neck making her throw her head back in laughter.

"That tickles!" Her angelic voice beams and my heart flutters.

"Fine, I'll stop, only cause I love you." Killian smirks up at her and she playfully rolls her eyes.

She jumps down and then alternates looking between Killian and I.

She nibbles on her bottom lip, her brown eyes in a daze.