4

4
ELODIE MAY

"So, what's your address, darling?" Enzo turns to face me with a small smile.

We are sat in his car and I begin to play nervously with my fingers. I'm too embarrassed to tell him where I live.

"Elodie." He gently grabs hold of my face and turns me to face him. "What is your address? You're making a habit of me having to repeat myself." I gulp as he stares down at me with hard eyes.

As soon as I mutter out my address his eyes widen and he releases a small breath.

"Do you live with family?" I bite my lip and shake my head. "Fuck." I just about hear him whisper under his breath and my face heats up in embarrassment.

"I-It's okay if you don't want to drop me off, it's not the best area. I mean even the taxi man wouldn't drop me all the way home last night." I shrug.

"What?!" I jump at the sound of his enraged voice.

"Nothing." I squeak out.

"Give me the number to this taxi company." He demands and I shake my head.

"Enzo, it's not a big deal. It's fine." I tell him, staring at him with wide eyes.

"I can't fucking believe this." He shakes his head and switches on the ignition. We begin our drive back to my home and I wince a little when we soon enter my neighbourhood.

I can tell Enzo is holding back on what he's got to say as he observes the homeless people littered across the streets.

As soon as he pulls up outside my flat, I thank him and quickly stumble out of the car.

"Darling, wait." I freeze when I hear him close the door of his car.

Why is he getting out?!

"I will walk you to your door." He places his hand on my lower back and ushers me inside.

"You don't have to do that, Enzo." I protest but he ignores me.

While we walk past the drunks and druggies I watch with furrowed eyebrows as their eyes widen in fear.

Damn, I'm not that scary to look at! Maybe in the mornings but I try to make an effort.

We both walk into my building. "Sorry, the lift doesn't work. You don't have to walk up the stairs with me, it's ten floors." I look up at Enzo's tall figure and he nods his head towards the stairs, silently telling me to begin the ascend.

I walk in front of him, feeling slightly embarrassed that he has a full view of my ass. As soon as we make it to my door, I freeze when I see that the door is slightly ajar.

"No." I whisper, my eyes beginning to water. I go to rush inside but Enzo pulls me back.

"Wait here." He grabs my shoulders and looks down at me. "You listen to me now, darling. You stay here, do not move, okay?"

I nod my head.

"Words."

"Yes, Enzo." I whisper and he smiles gently before walking into my flat.

My heart falls knowing I've been robbed.

After five minutes, Enzo walks out with a sad smile on his face and I can't help but cry.

"Oh, darling. Come here." He whispers, opening up his arms and I throw myself into them, wrapping my arms tightly around his waist. He encloses his muscly arms around my body, squeezing gently.