20

20
Killian Torres

My eyes fly open, harsh breaths escaping my lips.

It's only then I realise that I am standing with my gun in my hand aimed towards the empty space in my bed.

"Fuck." I release a shaky breath and place the gun back inside the draw of my bedside table.

I sit on the edge of the bed and wipe the light coat of sweat on my forehead. I look at the digital clock to see that it's six in the morning.

I rub my eyes tiredly and decide to get up and take a shower. This is the exact reason why I couldn't stay with my Elodie, the risk of me hurting her is too high and I'd die before I hurt her.

As I stand under the hot stream of water I can't help but think back to last night. How perfect she felt.

God that girl is doing crazy things to me and it killed me last night when I had to leave her. Seeing her eyes water when I said I couldn't stay nearly broke me in half.

I don't get out the shower until the water turns cold. By the time I exit my bedroom it's around seven, I walk down the corridor the same time Enzo come out of the bedroom.

Elodie must still be asleep, I mean it was only a few hours ago that we stopped.

"You're up early." Enzo yawns and I know for a fact that he didn't get any sleep himself.

"Yeah, had another nightmare." I shrug and he raises his eyebrows. "Woke up holding my gun."

"You really need to go back to seeing that psychiatrist, Killian. Especially when Elodie is around." I nod my head agreeing with him.

"I'll book an appointment with Dr Mill." He nods his head. "How's our girl?"

He chuckles. "Knocked out, poor girl could barely keep her eyes open after you left. I'll tell you one thing though, she's a duvet hogger." Of course she is.

Nothing surprises me with Elodie.

"Like it's crazy, Kill. The duvet is massive but she manages to get the whole thing wrapped around her body-I was freezing." At this point I can't stop laughing at the thought of my best friend freezing because the tiny girl has stolen the whole duvet.

"I'm gonna go and check on her." Enzo nods his head and makes his way downstairs.

I quietly open the door and hold back my laugh when I see Elodie wrapped in the duvet like a burrito. She's even managed to worm her way right into the centre of the massive bed.

I take a seat on the edge of the bed and brush the hair out of her face. She releases a small groan before falling back to sleep.

This girl is making me feel things I've never felt before and deep down I know I don't deserve her but I'm too selfish to let her go.

I sit up on the bed and pull her as close to me as I can. I stroke her hair and end up laying with her for an hour until she wakes up.

She slowly stirs awake, stretching her arms.

"Morning, baby." Her eyes shoot open when she hears my voice.

"Killian." She croaks and I chuckle when she wraps her arms around me and tries to fall back asleep. "I wish you'd of stayed." She whispers, her eyes still closed.

"I wish I had stayed too." I whisper. Her stomach rumbles so I choose to change the subject. "You hungry?" She nods her head.

"Really hungry." She grumbles.