22

22
ELODIE MAY

Enzo and I walk through the front door. The house is eerily quiet.

I look up at Enzo to see him already smirking down at me.

"You scared, baby?" He chuckles lightly and bends down to help me take my heels off.

"Why would I be scared?" I try to play it cool and he looks up at me with a small smile on his face.

"You've upset, Killian." I pout my lips at his words and look away.

But as soon as I look away from him, I end up making eye contact with Killian himself. My body freezes as he looks at me with no emotion behind his deep brown eyes.

He's changed into a pair of grey joggers and a plain white t-shirt. I'm left shocked when he shakes his head and walks past me.

"See, I told you, you've upset him." Enzo stands up and I just give him a blank stare.

"I'll speak to him." I whisper and Enzo smiles and reaches forward to stroke my cheek.

"Okay, baby." He lets me go and I turn in the direction that Killian went.

I spot him sat out on the swinging chair in the garden, so I make my way outside. I'm very wary as I approach him.

"Killian?" I whisper and I suck in a breath when he looks up at me.

"Baby." He greets. I take the spare seat next to him and begin to nervously play with my fingers.

"I'm sorry." I decide to break the silence.

"Why didn't you listen to me?" I sigh at his question. "I gave you one simple instruction, El. I wasn't playing around, I would never play around with your safety. So why the hell did you feel the need to go against me?" He turns a little and then grabs my face and turns me to face him.

"You were gone for an hour and I was just fed up. I'm sorry if I've upset you, Killian. I won't do it again." I say, looking at him with wide eyes. He releases a sigh and let's go of my face.

"You're so fucking disobedient." He grunts and sits back against the chair. "You drive me insane, Elodie."

I bite my lip and look down at my lap.

"I'll understand if you don't want to speak to me anymore. I'm sorry for upsetting you." I say with my head hanging in shame.

I stand up and go to walk away but Killian stops me by grabbing hold of my hand.

I turn to look down at him, with furrowed eyebrows. Killian looks up at me with a small smile and then pats his thigh.

"Yes, you're a little brat but that doesn't mean that I don't want to speak to you, baby. Now come here." He pats his thigh again and I don't hesitate to throw myself on to his lap, wrapping my arms tightly around him.

"I am really sorry." I apologise again and he chuckles lightly, kissing the side of my neck.

"Mmm, you're forgiven." He whispers and I smile, tightening myself around him. "But do it again and I promise you, El, there will be consequences." My eyes widen a little bit I nod my head.

"I put some drinks on your tab." I randomly say and I expect Killian to get mad but instead he begins to laugh.

"My God, you're something else, aren't you baby?" He pulls me back to look up at me and I grin. "I wouldn't have you any other way though." He winks and I giggle.

"Well thats good, otherwise there would be no cuddles for you, Mr." I raise my eyebrows and he playfully rolls his eyes.

•••