27

27
ENZO GARCÍA

All I can do is panic as my girl begins to cry.

Fuck, what did we do?!

"Baby, talk to me." I plead with her. "Elodie, please, baby." I'm desperate at this point to know what either Killian and I did to hurt her.

I watch with wide eyes as she begins to scramble around to put her clothes on. I look at Killian who is frozen as he stares at our girl.

"El." I just about hear him whisper.

I quickly grab my underwear and then grab hold of Elodie's shoulders, stopping her-but she flinches away and my heart cracks even more than it already has.

She pushes me away and then walks over to the tv. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion when she picks something up.

"Y-You we're recording us?" She croaks and my face falls when I see her holding up a small camera.

What the fuck?

I look over at Killian who also looks at the camera with furrowed eyebrows.

What the actually fuck?

"Darling, we would never! We don't know why that's there, it shouldn't be there!" I exclaim, trying to calm her down.

"I'm tired of things like this always happening to me!" She cries, clutching onto her hair. "I trusted you both." She sniffles and moves further away from us.

"Elodie, we would never record you without your permission. Please you have to trust us." I plead with the girl as she looks at me with hurt eyes.

"Then why is it there? You told me that you and Killian were the only ones that had access to this room and you never left it unsupervised." I run my hand through my hair and release a frustrated sigh. "I don't want to be here any longer."

She makes an exit for the door and Killian doesn't hesitate to rush over and block the exit. He's now half dressed and his hair is all over the place but something I don't miss are the whites of his eyes that are now red.

Fuck.

"Please don't leave, baby, please. We didn't put a camera there, Enzo and I would never do that to you." He explains, his voice cracking. "Please, Elodie. Don't do this to us. Enzo and I will figure out who put that there."

In all my life, I have never seen my best friend in such a state.

A small whimper escapes Elodie's lips and a pained expression etches onto Killian's face. He reaches out to comfort her but just like with me, Elodie steps away.

"Baby, please just believe us." He whispers and runs his hands through his black hair in frustration.

"I don't know what to believe anymore! People have lied to me all my life, even the people who seemed genuine at first before they betrayed and hurt me!" She shouts. "You two are going to hurt me!" She shrinks back into the corner and crouches down on the floor.

I release a shaky breath and then bite my lip. Never in a million years did I think something like this would happen.

Killian and I would never place a camera in the room, nor would we record Elodie without her permission.

My baby has suffered enough trauma in her life, I don't blame her for the way she is reacting. I'd never blame her.

I observe Killian and I can already tell he's close to breaking point.

I slowly and cautiously make my way over to Elodie as she has her head buried in her arms, with her knees close to her chest.

"Darling." I whisper gently and she looks up at me with bloodshot eyes. "I know you're hurting, baby, but I promise you from the bottom of my heart, we would never hurt you."

She sniffles and still looks at me with wary eyes.

I hate it.

I want her to be looking at Killian and I with love.

It's going to take everything to gain her trust again.

"I'm tired of everything. I didn't deserve to have the life that I got, all I wanted was to be loved and treated like a normal human being.  Everything good gets taken away from me." She wipes the tears away before continuing. "I don't know how much more I can take." My blood freezes at her words.

It must grab Killian's attention because he rushes over and crouches down in front of the vulnerable girl, looking at her with wide eyes.

"W-What do you mean by that?" He breathes out and her lip begins to tremble as she looks up at the ceiling. "El, what do you mean by that?!" Killian is almost desperate to get an answer out of her.

"Killian." I mumble lowly, trying to get his attention but his eyes stay on Elodie.

"We didn't put that camera there!"

"Killian!" I warn him again when Elodie releases a whimper and covers her ears.

I slowly reach forward and stroke her tear-stained cheek. She only flinches a little, but a sigh of relief leaves my lips when she begins to lean into my touch.

"That's it, baby. We're not going to hurt you." I whisper gently. But then she shakes her head and stands up.

"I don't believe you." She speaks and soon rushes out of the room.

I'm left shocked and stare at the empty space she was once crouched in.

I don't believe you.

"She's gonna leave us, Enzo." Killian stands up and begins to panic. "I can't be without her, not my Elodie." His breathing begins to increase.

"Kill, calm down." I say in a low voice and grab a pair of joggers and a t-shirt. Killian takes a deep breath and I throw him a t-shirt.

I rush out of the room and make my way to Elodie's room. I go to push the door open but it doesn't budge.

"Fuck." I mutter under my breath when I realise she's locked the door. "Elodie, please let us in. I know you don't trust us but I don't want you to be alone. We never put that camera there, my sweet girl and whoever did will pay for it."

Her cries fill my ears and I clench my eyes shut. Killian slowly walks over and rests his head against the wooden door.

"I might have an idea on who planted that camera." Killian says, so only I can hear. "It's obvious, Enzo. Katie."

My face hardens at the name.

"I'll pay her a visit, let's just focus on our girl, yeah?" He bites his lip and nods his head.

I go to speak to Elodie again but my face morphs into surprise when I hear the click of the lock before the door is opened, but my heart drops and Killian's breath hitches with what she says.

"I'm better off by myself. You can't get hurt when you're alone." She looks between Killian and I. "E-Everything good that happens to me, never lasts. This won't last, how can it?" She sobs.

"Hey, you're too beautiful to be crying, baby. Remember what we said, we're soulmates. Soulmates last forever." Killian doesn't hesitate to wipe away her tears.

"You promise you never put that camera there." She whispers, looking at us with teary eyes.

"Cross my heart." I smile gently and she nods.

"I want to be left alone now." I watch Killian's face visibly fall.

"No-"

"Of course, darling. We'll let you rest and we will talk in the morning." She smiles gently and closes the door.

Killian scowls at me.

"She shouldn't be in there alone. She needs aftercare!" He protests and I sigh.

I step back and then watch as Killian slides down the wall and sits outside her door.

"I'm gonna make some phone calls." I mutter.

When I get my hands on Katie, she's gonna regret the day she was born.

A/N
Awww our poor trio 🥺🧡