Chapter 45: Left-Behind Signs

Start from the beginning

Chen Fangyuan braced himself up on Song Yu's desk. "Don't even think about lying to me. There are already gifts to us on our desk."

Song Yu didn't even bother lifting his head. "Someone from my family sent it over. I put it on your desks."

"Bullshit. You never placed things so nicely on our desks. Every time you came back with stuff from home, you'd always left it on the window frame and told us to get it ourselves. Besides, look at this." Chen Fangyuan pointed at the flowers hanging on Song Yu's wall. "Look at these little white flowers!"

Being a full-blown drama queen, Chen Fangyuan stood in front of Song Yu's desk and laboriously sniffed at the flowers' fragrance like a little puppy. He then exclaimed, full of pleasure and satisfaction, "Ah, the perfume of my sister-in-law."

Song Yu could feel goosebumps popping up on his skin. "....You're sick."

"I have a very serious case of appearance obsession. Since your eyes are grown on the top of your head, anyone who can get you to lower them and give her a look must be a super gorgeous lady. She must definitely be a pale-skinned, beautiful, long-legged sweetheart. I want to see her."

Even though he clearly knew Chen Fangyuan was someone who liked to constantly quip and make jokes, Song Yu seemed to be brainwashed by his diabolical chattering — he seriously compared his description one by one.

Pale-skinned, beautiful, long-legged, sweetheart... Honestly, there wasn't much difference.

Being mixed-race would probably be even better in Chen Fangyuan's eyes.

"I feel like my desk's been tidied by my sister-in-law, it's so clean." Chen Fangyuan jumped back over, rubbing the top of his desk. It was way too spotless, so he thought about how it'd looked like before he left. "I remember there were a few books lying around in a mess, and the chair wasn't pushed in neatly."

Song Yu was speechless. "I cleaned them up."

Chen Fangyuan directly rejected his words. "I don't believe you. You're not that good of a person — I definitely have a sister-in-law now. I want to see her!"

"Go see her in your dreams."

Song Yu didn't want to explain that the person who'd visited was his younger brother. Besides, Chen Fangyuan wouldn't believe him even if he told him.

As expected, when Chen Fangyuan saw the toiletries that had yet to be put away in the bathroom, he immediately started to loudly make a fuss.

"She even stayed the night?! Song Yu, you! You've got some guts!"

Song Yu popped in his earphones, sighing, "I'm not like that. You're overthinking it."

One week after Yue Zhishi returned back to school, Peiya held its 70th anniversary celebration ceremony. The school considered this anniversary year very important, and everything was done with great momentum and effort. The junior and high school departments were both brought together, and they loudly and happily celebrated for quite a few days.

But the joy all belonged to others — Yue Zhishi, as a high school third year student, had no time to participate in anything.

In this aspect, Peiya had always been very willing to spend money. In order to memorialise their 70th anniversary, the school leaders specifically invited a crew of professional cameramen to film the entire school celebrations. Yue Zhishi, who had no fate with the celebrations, was accidentally pulled to the side as he walked back to his classroom building with his classmates from the cafeteria. He was stopped by the filming director and was asked to record a short interview and blessings for Peiya.