Chapter 40: An Isolated Island in the Rain

Começar do início

After Yue Zhishi noticed, he pushed Song Yu's wrist, but it wasn't all that effective — after a little while, the umbrella naturally crept over again, as if it was some kind of unreasonable set routine.

There were more and more puddles of water, and even though none of them were higher than their ankles, Yue Zhishi's pants were already wet to his knees. He jokingly called it the . A quickly moving girl passed by ahead of them, one hand supporting an umbrella and her other hand holding a big bag of fruit. She used only her ring finger and pinky to carry a bowl of beef noodles, and it all looked very precarious, very dangerous — and yet everything stayed securely in place.

When it rained, people would always become very interesting. They walked around and around, and Yue Zhishi complained to Song Yu that he'd almost gotten lost when he first arrived. "I shouldn't have come in through the main entrance. I walked really far and got really confused, I later found an older sister near the old science building to point me in the right direction."

As he spoke, a car flew past. Yue Zhishi could see the incoming splashes, but he didn't manage to dodge in time. He only felt his waist being pulled, his entire body dragged over, and then he completely escaped the water.

The car was already very far away.

Song Yu's hand didn't drop away in time, and it still rested on Yue Zhishi's waist. He turned around to look at that car, and then he turned back around, his mind still on what Yue Zhishi had just been complaining about. "You even managed to get lost on Cherry Blossom Avenue."

Maybe because his words held the slightest hint of ridicule, but Yue Zhishi's ear was a bit warm. He lowered his eyes and weakly said, "I can't tell which one is Cherry Blossom Avenue when there aren't any cherry blossoms. It looks the same as any other road."

Song Yu felt there was a bit of logic in his words, so he didn't bother to retort. He only then realised the position of his hand wasn't quite right, so he lowered it while pretending nothing had happened. "Let's go, we're almost there."

The dormitory building was older than Yue Zhishi had imagined. He used to think Song Yu, with his obsession with cleanliness, wouldn't really want to live in a dorm and might even go home often when he couldn't get used to living there. But this thought very quickly disappeared in smoke.

Song Yu greeted the auntie in charge of the building and brought Yue Zhishi upstairs. The light in the building wasn't quite bright enough, but as soon as he opened his dorm room, the south-facing room still looked bright and spacious. There was no one else in the room. Yue Zhishi walked in, looking left and looking right, and then finally stared at their window. He really liked it — fresh greenery, soaked with rain, lay outside their window.

He could immediately tell which was Song Yu's desk. It was as clean and fastidious as he always kept his desks. "Is this your bed?" Yue Zhishi raised his head to look at it, the bed linen pretty much the same as the ones he used at home, all of them a very cool, dark grey colour.

"Mn." Song Yu placed down their items. His clothes were so wet they stuck onto his body, so he went into his closet to find two outfits, giving one of them to Yue Zhishi. "Everything's new, I haven't worn them before. You can change into them later."

"It's okay even if you've worn them before." Yue Zhishi scooped up a bit of the pineapple rice into his mouth. The rice was moist and sticky, and there were even pieces of nuts and raisins. "This one's really yummy, it's a bit sweet." He picked up a bit and sent it across to Song Yu's mouth. "Have some."

Song Yu took a bite, but then he frowned, looking as if he didn't really like it. Yue Zhishi thought it was strange. "Why'd you buy it if you don't like it?"