1| Feelings

HENRY
Have you ever felt a rush of love? Well, I have, just...not towards a girl. Over the span of 3 years, I had dated 3 girls. The longest relationship was Bianca, who lasted for a little over a year.

Each girl that I dated was nice, and kind, well not Veronika, but they all had something about them that attracted me. The only problem was, I never felt in love with them, and for 3/3, the fact that I wasn't in love with them is what encouraged them to end the relationship.

Now, a year later, I was in love, something I had never really felt before, and guess who I was in love with. My boss, Ray Manchester, also known as Captain Man.

I'm currently 17, and he's 28, so there is only 11 years between us. Next year, when I turn 18, our relationship, if I can ever confess my feelings for him, will be legal.
———
Like always, I was at the Man Cave first, getting everything up and running while Ray was usually having his morning shower, and while Schwoz was eating his favourite snack...worms.

Ray had taught me that as soon as everything was set up and running, I had to bring him his breakfast, 2 fried eggs with bacon on toast and a glass of orange juice. He loved a simple breakfast, and he loved it when I brought it to him.

I placed the tray on his bed as I headed down to the main section of the Man Cave. After 15 minutes, and a loud burp, Ray exited his Sprocket, walking down to the monitors as I looked through my phone.

"Good morning Henry. How is my favourite employee?" He smiled, coming over to the couch where I was sitting.

"Are you just saying that I'm your favourite employee just because Charlotte, Jasper and Schwoz aren't around?" I questioned the man.

"No. I'm calling you my favourite employee because I hired you before anyone else, meaning I've known you the longest and I've gotten to know you over these past 4 years." Ray explained, smiling.

"Thanks, but now, I need to sleep since Piper kept me up all night while she watched horror movies." I yawned as I laid down on the Man Couch. I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

"Uh, Captain Man?! A little help over here please!" I panicked as I struggled to get out of the lions den that I was currently trapped in.

"Kid! I got you!" Captain Man appeared, his hand reaching for mine as I slowly used my legs to push myself up as his hands connected with mine.

He pulled me over the wall, his hands resting on my lower back as the lion roared.

"Shut up lion. You're not eating my favourite sidekick." Captain Man smiled as he then looked back at me.

I felt a weird connection. A connection that usually would be felt between a man and a woman, not two men who were just fighting crime. I looked into his eyes as I leaned closer, Ray leaning in closer as well. After a few seconds, my lips were touching his has we became closer. The kiss was passionate, like nothing I had ever felt before. I pulled away and Ray smiled.

"I love you, Kid." Captain Man smiled. I was glad that no-one else was around.

"W-What?" I was shocked, and surprised.

"Kid." Captain Man repeated.

"Kid!" He shouted.

"KID!" I jolted up. I looked around, seeing that I was dressed normally and I was in the Man Cave, specifically, on the Man Couch.

"Damn...it was just a dream." I was sad that I hadn't actually kissed Ray and he didn't say 'I love you'. I would've never woken up from the dream if I had a choice.

"What was just a dream?" Ray snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Lips!" I looked at Ray's lips shouted just as Charlotte, Jasper and Schwoz entered the main section of the Man Cave.

"You were dreaming about lips?" Ray smirked a little bit, confusing me as I stumbled to get to the elevator.

"Uh- uh- giant lips- not yours! They were chasing me down a hall of popcorn, you weren't there- leave me alone!" I panicked as now Charlotte, Jasper, Schwoz and Ray were looking at me as if I had just started speaking like a baby.

"Ok...but you have a little bit of drool on your chin..." Ray pointed to the side of my chin I just happened to have been drooling on. How embarrassing.

"That's what happens when I'm sleeping! God!" I pressed the elevator button furiously and multiple times.

"Where are you going?" Ray was confused.

"Uh...I gotta make outta here- I mean get outta here. I'll kiss you later-" I was panicking more than I ever had.

"Hm?" Ray was confused and so was everyone else.

"-I mean I'll catch you later!" The elevator door finally opened, letting me get in and press the button furiously again. The door finally closed and the elevator went up, finally letting me relax.

RAY
"Did anyone else find Henry's behaviour weird?" I looked at Charlotte, Jasper and Schwoz.

"Definitely weirder than normal..." Charlotte confirmed my suspicions.