Lydia

The sheriff pulled the car up to the movie rental, giving Stiles and I a stern look.

"Stay in the car," he ordered, before climbing out of the cruiser.

I smirked, knowing that nothing was going to keep Stiles in this car.

My brother dragged me out with him, looking around the scene. The blinking lights from the cop cruisers and the ambulance were disorienting, and made it hard to see, but I could still smell.

My eyes widened when I caught a whiff of familiar perfume- sweet pea, to be exact. "Lydia," I whispered, darting forward and dodging random officers to get my friend.

She sat in the back of an ambulance with a blanket tucked around her shoulders, staring at the ground with a blank face.

"Lydia?" I asked, standing in front of her. The girl looked up, before lurching forward and wrapping her arms around me.

I instinctively hugged her back, making sure the blanket was still around her.

"Hale, tell this rent-a-cop that I should be able to go home," a familiar, annoying voice spoke up as Jackson poked my shoulder.

I glowered at the lacrosse captain, barely glancing at my father. "I'll take Lydia home," I said firmly, keeping a firm arm around my friend. "You stay and answer some questions. I'll make sure she gets there okay, I promise," I added as he opened his mouth to protest.

Jackson hesitated, before nodding. "Yeah, alright," he murmured.

Tara Graeme, one of my dad's deputies, led me and Lyd towards her cruiser, telling me she'd escort us home.

;

"Thank you," Lydia whispered as I walked back into her room after explaining to her mom that she's been at a crime scene and needed to get some rest.

I sat down next to her on her bed, wrapping an arm around her as she leaned up against me. "You're welcome," I told her, knowing I shouldn't ask her about what she saw at the movie store.

Tara said that a mountain lion had attacked the store, killing one of the clerks and jumping through the window.

But in Beacon Hills, 'mountain lion' might as well be code for 'the Alpha'.

I was positive Lyd had seen something.

"I don't want to talk about it," she said suddenly, sitting up and staring at the floor. "I don't."

I slowly nodded, squeezing her hand. "Okay. You don't have to, not until you're ready. Do you want to sleep, or..." I trailed off when she looked at me with wide green eyes, silently telling me she couldn't sleep.

My gaze fell on the TV that was on her dresser, and I perked up. "You like The Notebook, right?" I asked, smiling at my friend. "With all the romance stuff?"

;

When the end credits to our third movie started rolling (The Vow), Lydia was curled up against my side, with her fingers still gripping mine.

She sighed. "Can you stay tonight?" She mumbled. "I don't wanna be alone."

I smiled softly, nodding. "Yeah. I can do that," I assured her.

Lydia suddenly sat up, looking at me with a desperate twinkle to her eyes.

"It's eyes were red."