Chapter 36

📍 Delacroix, Louisiana | May 2024

Sapphire arrived at Delacroix with people staring at her.

She came up to one of the women, "Hi. I'm looking for a Sam Wilson."

The woman smiled, extending her hand out, "He's my brother. I'm Sarah you must be Saf?"

Sapphire nodded. She looked around many people doing a lot of work. A truck just came and asked to be unloaded.

"I'll get it," Sapphire offered as everyone stared in disbelief. Such a slim woman in a muscle tee was carrying a bundle of metals over her shoulders with no worries.

"Where?" She asked the man on the truck.

He pointed the direction with his mouth wide open.

"So, where's your brother?" Sapphire dusted off her hands, squinting because of the sun.

"Right here," Sarah chuckled, assisting her.

From afar, she saw Bucky wearing a blue henley playing on a wrench while Sam tried to make the engine work.

"This is the boat?" Sapphire asked.

"Yup. From our parents to us," Sarah replied.

"It's cute," she complimented.

Sarah laughed, "Well, we all busted our ass today to renovate it."

They reached the boat without the two guys noticing them.

"If you needed someone to fix an engine, why didn't you call me?" Sapphire called out to Sam.

Sam turned around, "What are you doing here? And how am I supposed to know that you know how to fix boats?"

Bucky was lost in his own world, flipping the small wrench to not hear her.

Sapphire shrugged, "Well, people did say that the people are so welcoming here. Let me tell you, I just turned heads outside lifting the metals."

"Hey, Sam-" Bucky came out, seeing Sapphire.

"What are you doing here?"

She shrugged.

"What do you mean," he shrugged mockingly. "Words."

"Hey, don't do any of that shit right here," Sam warned them.

Sapphire rolled her eyes, turning to Bucky, "Well, I needed to talk to Sam in case you haven't knock some sense into him yet."

Bucky grabbed her wrist and pulled her towards him, hugging her to his chest. He buried his nose on her neck.

"Sorry, I ran," Sapphire whispered. "Had a long night with Christina."

"It's okay," he pulled away, pressing a kiss on her forehead.

"Okay, cut it out Jack and Rose," Sam pulled them apart. "I can only take so much."

Sapphire chuckled as one arm hugged Bucky to her side, "So, the engine?"

"You'll really help?" Sam asked.

Sapphire tilted her head in mock confusion, "Isn't that what friends are for?"

Sam grinned, extending his arm out, "Come here."

She hugged him and tap on his back, "Okay. That's enough. I need my space now."

Sapphire returned to Bucky's side having a bright idea.

"Oh no, not that smirk. The last time I saw that you went voodoo on my ass in Crossmoor," Sam shook his head.