Chapter 28

📍 Madripoor, Southeast Asia | May 2024

They all went out to the club, which was blasting with music and the crowd cheering.

Bucky walked through the crowd, interlacing his fingers with Sapphire's.

Zemo on the other side was having a good time dancing.

"Welcome to the new generation," Sapphire spoke beside Bucky.

"Stop it," Bucky replied as they stood with Sam on the corner.

Men were eyeing Sapphire, specifically her chest area that was exposed due to the low neckline of the dress.

"You've got plenty of eyes on you, Monkey," Sam chuckled.

Bucky gritted his teeth, "Not for long if they don't look away." He bent down and tilted Sapphire's chin upwards to press a possessive kiss on her lips.

Sam's eyes widened at them as they pulled back from each other, "Changing your clothes together must have gone well." 

"Hey, guys. I found him," Sharon motioned for them to follow her outside.

Sam sighed, "Here we go."

They were lead to a place that contained intermodal containers.

"Madripoor could give New York a run for its money," Sam said.

"They know how to party," Zemo commented.

"Well, with that bounty on our heads, the longer we're in Madripoor, the less likely we'll ever leaving," Sapphire informed them as they made their way through.

"All right. He's in there," Sharon pointed. "Container four-two-six-one. I'll keep an eye out while you guys talk to Nagel." She gave each one of them earpiece before leaving, "But hurry. We're on borrowed time."

They opened the door and went inside while Bucky stayed at the entrance.

"Hey, Sharon. You sure this is the right one?" Sam asked through the comms. "It's completely empty."

"Positive. It has to be," Sharon replied.

Sam, Bucky, and Sapphire held a handgun each.

"He's here. I can feel his mind," Sapphire spoke as they revealed another step of stairs.

They followed the loud music that was playing, which lead them to a lab. A man by the table turned around and gasped, seeing the intruder.

"Dr. Nagel?" Sam asked him with his gun pointed at the doctor.

"Who are you? What do you want?" Dr. Nagel tried to step back.

"We know you created the super-soldier serum," Sam said.

"Get out of my lab," He tried to run away but was grabbed by Sapphire, throwing him against the wall.

Nagel's eyes widened, seeing the pale-faced woman, "I remember you."

Sapphire gritted her teeth, holding his jaw tightly, "You too."

She gripped his jaw tight and turned it to Bucky's direction, "You know who he is, right?"

Nagel's fear only multiplied by seeing the Winter Soldier.

"This is Baron Zemo," Sam pointed at Zemo. "Know you've heard of him, too, right? You seem like a pretty smart guy. So you better become conversational real quick."

"How about a counter proposal? Make me a better offer, and I'll talk," Nagel offered in fear.

"Guys, we have company," Sharon spoke through their ears.