Chapter 20

📍 Police Station | May 2024

"You can remove the blindfold now. If I really want to hurt you, I would have done it earlier," Sapphire deadpanned as she was seated on a chair.

Rick removed it, and Sam sat at the corner of the room.

"So, how special am I for you and your minions to travel 9 hours for?" She asked.

"How are you?"

"Really?" She asked sardonically.

Rick sighed, "The director wants report on what you've been up to lately. You know for the records. We are still responsible for you if you committed anything again."

"Then, where were you in 2015?" Sapphire queried. It was the time where the Avengers and she fought against each other to let Bucky escape.

"On our way to get you. But then you escaped," Rick answered.

Sam cleared his throat, "I don't mean to impose. But as a person who is somewhat responsible for her since we're the ones who asked for her released. On behalf of Steve Rogers, she has done well. She even helped before and after the blip, and she was also pardoned. Anything else?"

Rick pursed his lips and nodded, "That's good to hear. One more thing."

"What?"

"The director wants to send you your last physical test with us for your record," he slid a brown folder on the table.

Rick stood up, unlocked her cuffs and collar. Sapphire rubbed her neck, which was a little red due to the tightness of the collar.

She grabbed the file before standing up.

"It was nice to see you a lot more social, Hotness."

Sapphire smirked as she opened the door, "Wish I could say the same to you."

Rick chuckled, shaking his head. Sam followed Sapphire out who was reading the file.

There was nothing new in the file. It was the same result in every test they have done. HYDRA was still worst.

"Is Bucky here too?" Sapphire looked up to Sam beside her, shutting the file close.

Sam nodded as he motioned for her to sit in the waiting area for him.

"Thank you," Sapphire spoke.

Sam rose his brow and turning his head on her, "Sorry, I didn't catch that. What was that?"

Sapphire rolled her eyes, "I saved your life from Tony in the airport. It's now a tie."

Sam chuckled at her pride. They waited for more than an hour until someone came to them.

"Sam. I've heard a lot about you. I'm Dr. Raynor. I'm James's therapist," Christina introduced, shaking his hand. She was shocked, seeing Sapphire beside him. "And hers, too."

Sam stood up and shook hers, "So nice to meet you. Thank you for getting him out."

"That was not me," she replied.

"Christina. It's great to see you again," John Walker called out, walking towards them.

"You gotta be kidding me. You know him?" Sam asked her.

"Yeah, we did some field ops back in the day," Christina replied.

"I heard you were working with Bucky, so I thought I'd step in. Bucky's not gonna be following a strict schedule any longer," John said. Then, his eyes shifted to Sapphire whom he found her fascinated with, "Are you an alien?"