Chapter 27

📍 Madripoor, Southeast Asia | May 2024

After they finished rinsing off, they quickly changed as Bucky went to go out first so Sapphire could get dress without him.

He doubted his primal urges around that woman.

Bucky went to seat on the round-shaped couch with his suit jacket on top of a spandex black shirt.

"Much better," Sharon told Sam as he racked through the clothes.

"What's going on, Sharon? You don't ever wanna come back home?" Sam asked shirtless, pulling out a turtleneck from the hanger.

"They'll lock me up if I step foot back in the States. Madripoor doesn't allow extradition," Sharon walked over to her table.

Sam started to apologize to her, "Look, I'm sorry I didn't call, but after The Blip and the chaos, I just..."

"Look, you know the whole hero thing is a joke, right?" She leaned at the edge of her table, "I mean, the way you gave up that shield, deep down, you must know it's all hypocrisy."

"He knows," Zemo said.

"And not so deep down," Sapphire added, entering the room and strutting her way gracefully like a supermodel towards the couch.

Sharon watched in fascination of how confident and sensual Sapphire is naturally. Her dress had a deep v-neckline that reached until the bottom of her rib cage and hugged her breast and waist well.

It flowed straight down to her ankles with a slit on her left thigh.

Bucky appreciated Sapphire's beauty as she sat down across from him. He looked over her neck and chest and all the marks he left had already healed. 

Shame. 

"By the way, how is the new Cap?" Sharon asked.

Bucky rolled his eyes in annoyance, remembering John Walker, "Don't get me started."

Sharon scoffed, "Please. You buy into all that stars and stripes bullshit." She began to walk over to the couch, "Before you were his pet psychopath, you were Mr. America! Cap's best friend."

"Wow. She's kind of awful now," Bucky remarked.

She was about to sit close next to Bucky when Sapphire extended her legs, landing her stiletto-clad leg harshly at the edge of the couch Bucky was sitting on.

"Oh. So, she's possessive?" Sharon noted amusingly, cocking an eyebrow at her, "Are you that insecure or do you hate me that much?"

The three men watched their exchange carefully.

The white-headed woman narrowed her eyes up to the standing blonde with her arms crossed over on her chest.

"I don't hate you," Sapphire smiled small. "But, I particularly don't like you."

She looked at the wall behind Bucky, "After all."

Sapphire shifted her eyes from the wall back to the woman. She let out a mocking pout looking at Sharon, "I wasn't the one who was forgotten and got traded for my aunt."

"Oh shit," Sam mumbled under his breath while Zemo let out a low whistle.

"So, I'm not insecure, Sharon," Sapphire smiled, tilted her head slightly with her eyes still narrowed at the now frowning Sharon. "Sit," she said.

"I'm not a dog," Sharon protested.

Her stormy eyes turned bright blue again before commanding her, "Sit."

The low intensity of pain illusion made Sharon tilt her head back and drop to the couch in a split second.

Sharon glared at her when Sapphire pulled back her abilities with a smirk on her face, pulling back her legs to cross them on top of her other.

Bucky bit back a chuckle knowing how easy was it to get on Sapphire's behavior. He did love her staking her claim on him. 

Sam cleared his throat, easing the tension as he walked and wore his leather jacket, "Karli Morgenthau and at least seven others have taken the serum."

"You guys really should steer clear of all of this for your own safety," Sharon told him.

"We know it's a risk, but we're not gonna leave until we find the person who cracked the code."

"We got a name. Wilfred Nagel," Bucky said.

"Nagel works for The Power Broker," Sharon replied, rubbing the back of her neck.

"We need your help, Sharon. I can get your name cleared," Sam offered.

"You haggling with my life?" She asked sardonically, getting herself a drink.

Sapphire shrugged, "That's a great idea."

Sam glared at her, answering Sharon, "Not like that."

"I don't buy that," Sharon said. "You pretending like you can clear my name."

"Okay, maybe it is hypocrisy," Sam admitted, standing up and walking towards her. "Maybe you're right. What happened to you. But I'm willing to try if you are."

"They cleared the bionic staring machine, and he killed almost everybody he's met," He motioned to Bucky quietly.

"I heard that," Bucky commented.

"And, also the voodoo making experiment," Sam added.

Sapphire laughed, "You want me to try that voodoo shit you're talking about on you?"

"Don't," Sam warned, turning back to Sharon.

"I don't trust charity," Sharon told him, glancing behind him at Sapphire.

"Well, shit," Sapphire scoffed. "I don't trust anyone but look where we are now." 

"All right, a deal then," Sam extended his hand at her. "You help us out, and I get your name clear."

She shook his hand and let out a sigh before downing her drink, "Well, I sell to some pretty connected people."

She started walking out, "Lay low, blend in, enjoy the party. Try to stay outta trouble. I'll see what I can find."

Zemo said knowingly, "Trouble."

Sapphire stood up and blocked Sharon's way, "I know you think that you are the worst criminal around here. But I'm warning you, Sharon. Do not fuck us over."

Sam glanced at Bucky, asking if they should intervene. Bucky just watched his woman.

"Why would I do that?" Sharon looked up to Sapphire since she was naturally taller, especially she has heels on.

"The million-dollar question is," Sapphire stepped closer to Sharon with a stoic expression.

Sapphire spoke darkly before raising a brow at Sharon while smirking and tilting her head slightly to the side, "Why wouldn't you?" 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------