CAPÍTULO CUATRO

BIRTHDAY SEX

SCROLLING through a list of songs, I honestly can't remember talking to her about her favorite music, the only thing I remember was waking up to the sound of her playing piano. Gracefully playing as she enjoys the sound it makes with a smile on her face. She always looked satisfied after every song.

"So, what are her favorite songs?" Dianna asked, holding a pen and a pad. Ready for the answer so she could start looking for a band that can play the songs Mrs. Marshall would like.

There were only two songs that she made me listen to, the first one being the only thing that came into my mind. Although I'm not sure it's appropriate for a wedding anniversary. Afterall, we did have sex while that song was playing at that time.

Clearing my throat, I gave a reply. "She likes jazz, get a pianist."

"That's it? Are you sure?"

"That's it," I nodded in confirmation.

I don't think the guests would appreciate "birthday sex" by Jeremih playing in the background.

-----

[Two months later...]

ROLLING my eyes, I ignored Brinley as she kept on begging me to come along with her and Gab to the bar. She knows I'm busy, besides, I stopped drinking over a month ago.

I haven't been to any kind of bar for the past weeks or drank any kind of alcoholic beverage after the incident last month. Getting my heart broken by the person I've been with for two years turned me into a mess. For the first few weeks after I broke up with her, I frequented the bar and drank liquor until I became wasted to the point that I almost got sexually assaulted trying to go home one night while walking down the busy street of New York. Thankfully, a couple saw what was happening and immediately came to my rescue. After what happened, I haven't held any alcohol or even dared to step inside a bar. It was a traumatizing experience.

Aside from that, I almost got fired for having five consecutive absences and being late to work. Mr. Marshall understood my situation when I told him what had happened. He gave me a chance to redeem myself, so I did. In short, I cried my heart out to my boss and got to keep my job, it was embarrassing to be honest. But still worth it.

Well now, I can confidently say that I've moved on. Not entirely. I was still hurt, mostly my self-esteem and trust. But I recognized that it wasn't my fault Sloane cheated. And she doesn't deserve anymore of my tears. I loved her, but crying over someone who fucked you up is not worth it.

There is still a part of me that loves her, the good memories we shared together and the moments Sloane treated me like a princess. But I'm not in love with her anymore. And never will be.

But yeah, I still cry about her sometimes. Fuck me.

"You don't need to drink, just hang out with us, please," Brinley gave me the puppy dog eyes I very much loathed. It's adorable and I'm gay and I can't resist adorable women.

"We can go home before midnight," Gab interjects. Which surprised me, as they usually let me do what I want. Brinley is the only persistent one.

"Fine," I gave in, earning a squeal and a hug from Brinley while Gab smiled proudly.

Deciding against wearing something too revealing but still somewhat sexy, I opted for a tight dark blue trousers, a sleeveless white deep V top that shows a little bit of my cleavage and  gray high heels. I did my makeup and brushed my hair before going back to my living room where Brinley and Gab are waiting.