CAPÍTULO TRES

DARK CHOCOLATE

HANDING me the menus for one of the fanciest chocolate stores there is in the United States, Diana asked which one would Mrs. Marshall prefer. On my hand are menus of three different stores famous for creating the best chocolates out there, all natural, haven't been processed, made the old fashioned way.

Despite the three being the best out there, the place I know she loves is not one of them.

"Not these," I muttered, handing Diana back the papers.

"Really?" She asked, confused.

"Don't worry, I'll handle it..."

Besides, her favorite chocolate can only be made in a place even her husband doesn't know.

-----

LOOKING around the place, I was in awe. Vic and I went back to the bar to get her car in order to drive to a town she wants to take me to. It was still in New York, but in a far different town I'm not even familiar with.

The place looks clean and peaceful, there weren't many people outside and no occuring traffic. There weren't even a lot of cars driving around, just parked on the sides of the road as most people are either walking or riding their bikes. The town looks victorian even. You would think that the place looks very dull and boring, but for me, this is heaven.

We stopped at a small victorian looking store with the name Casa de Chocolate.

"Come on," Vic pulled me by the hand, glad that her back was on me as the mere touch of our hands elicit another blush on my cheeks. "This is the store I'm telling you about," She said with a smile, going into the store with so much familiarity.

Vic knocked on the opened wooden door, earning the attention of an old lady behind the counter. She looked at us with confusion that soon turned into shocked and recognition once her eyes landed on the beauty beside me.

"Oh meu deus, Vic!" The woman exclaimed, walking towards us to pull Vic into a hug before they kissed each other's cheeks.

"Olá, Clara," Vic's smile turned wide as she faced the woman. "Did you miss me?"

"Of course! So did I, minha filha. How are you?

"I'm great, and you?"

"Better now that you decided to visit!"

"Where's Fabio?"

"He's taking care of the deliveries," the woman replied before her eyes went to me. "And who is this young lady?"

Vic pushed me forward by the shoulder. Smiling, she began to introduce us, "Clara, this is my friend, Venice. Venice, Clara, the store owner."

"Oh, uhm, Hi. I'm Venice Martin ma'am." I offered my hand for a handshake but was surprised when the woman pulled me for a hug. I returned it happily as I've always been a tactile person.

"Please, call me Clara. No ma'am," Clara let us in the store, making us sit in the wooden chairs. "Are you here to visit or for chocolate?"

Vic smiled. "How about both?"

"Ah, of course. I have actually just made a fresh batch of chocolate amargo. You could take it with you now," Clara stood up to take a box inside the refrigerator to then place it on the table. Dark chocolate. Guess it's her favorite then.