19. I Don't Belong Here

I was shocked upon hearing those words, or was I? When he stopped speaking, I realized I had been gazing into his beautiful eyes all the time. One part of me said that I only loved Suren and would stay loyal to him only but the another me said that this was actually good for me since I would get to marry him. Which one of these was the true me? I failed to understand. Was I shocked or relieved? Was I sad or happy? WAS I MARRIED OR UNMARRIED?! Am I was dreaming all of this? Or is this the truth of my life?

After pondering upon it, I came to the conclusion that I loved Suren no matter what.
'You are like a mirage. When I thought I almost have gained you, the illusion has vanished.'

🌙

I'm a fool. I said to myself. How come I do not know anything about my life and this stranger right here does? How come I didn't realize that the woman in that hut that day was lying about our marriage. Why would Yuvraj Suren- or any other man- marry someone while she is unconscious? Now that I know the truth... I am free to leave this palace. I do not belong here. I belong to my palace in Mahidhar, the land ruled by my father.

"Now what are you doing standing here? Go!" I told him.

"What? I've already told you that this is my room!"

I rolled my eyes at him, packed my stuff and left instead.

'Goodbye, the land of Vyushti.'