3. A Matter of Days

I was sitting in front of my dressing table when Madhav came into my room in a hurry.

"What happened Madhav?" I asked.
"Rajkumari Chandraaa!! Your groom is coming to take you!!" He said super excited.

Hearing this, I got up out of excitement and ran to the window and clutched the curtains tight, my eyes closed, my back facing Madhav. What was this?

Further Madhav said, "He will be reaching here in five days", which made my heart flutter, my cheeks go red. How would he look? Was he as tejaswi as the dasis tell?

Some dasis even say that they've heard tales that the Rajkumar secretly liked me that's why he asked his parents to fix this alliance. Was this true? Had I met him?

I felt like dancing, I felt like I'll doe out of happiness. Was this normal? WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME? I was never like this before!

Days passed. Finally the day arrived when he arrived. I was not supposed to leave my room until told to do so.

Elsewhere,

Yuvraj Suren entered the palace of Sheetlapuri. He was welcomed with great pomp and show. After some other sanskaars, the time arrived to give Chandraa to him.

The king bid adieu to his beloved daughter and made her sit on the rath with Suren. Chandraa sat on the rath and said her final goodbyes to her relatives.

On the way, Chandraa heard the driver call him 'Yuvraj'.

"I thought my wedding was to be with the younger son of your king." she said.

Hearing this, Suren calmly said, "You might have got some wrong information, Rajkumari."

She did not say anything further, nor did he.

// updating today coz mann kiya 👽 //