11. His Dark Eyes

A normal night in my lonely Raanivas, it was.
When I noticed that all the servants left the room. Before I could guess what was happening, I heard footsteps. Guess what?

"Rajkumari, how are you?"

I was surprised- no, stunned-, no! I don't know what had happened to me. I couldn't even move out of happiness. I was lost in those beautiful dark dreamy eyes of his.

"Rajkumari?" These words brought me out of the trance.
I gained my senses and turned my back towards him.

"Why did you come here?" I said folding my arms on my chest.

He walked towards me, held my hand, made me sit on the swing, and smiled.

"I'm surprised that you don't know why I came here." He said teasing me.

"My father says that if there is a sudden change in someone's behaviour, something is surely wrong."

He smiled at this and sat on the swing beside me.

"I'm really sorry."

"For what?"

"For not treating you nicely."

Hearing these words I remembered Shachi Jiji's words to me. I realized that he came here only upon being insisted on by his first wife. I got up from the swing.

"No need to come here out of sympathy."

"Who said so?"

"Why else would you come here?!" I said, rude to some extent.

He got up and said, "I don't think I need permission to come here, Rajkumari." grinning.

And that's what changed my heart. His smile is so beautiful! I also smiled.
I then sat on the swing beside him. I kept my head on his shoulder and fidgeting the corner of my dress with my hands, said,
"Do you know how bad I feel sometimes? You don't even look at me. Is there something wrong in me?"

He looked at me for some time and said,
"Aisa nahi hai" looking away.

"Why are you so strange? One moment you act soft and other you just ignore me."
He sat there, quiet.

"OK, let's leave all of this. I want to spend our time in peace." I continued.

// terachehra how does it feel to know something that nobody knows? 👀 //