16. Past Mysteries Affecting Present

(we're still in the past! :P)

Suren's horse had picked up speed and galloping ahead, at some distance from Shachi's. Shachi saw the line of partition of both the Kingdoms marked on the ground, to where Suren was heading.

Right in front of her eyes, Suren entered the land of demons. Before she could stop him, she saw a net capturing him in it and disappearing.

"Suren!" she screamed, still on Vyushti's side.

🌙

Back to the present.

Madhav entered the temple and folded his hands in front of God. After some time, Chandraa opened her eyes. This is when Madhav asked her what he wanted to ask for so long.

"Yuvraj Suren is your husband?"

"Yes, of course!" she said. "Isn't that obvious?"

Madhav looked at her shocked. He held her by her shoulders and made her sit down.

"Your alliance wasn't fixed with Yuvraj Suren!" Madhav said, worried.

She chuckled at this. "Are you out of your mind? What are you even saying?"

"I'm serious."

"What do you mean?"

Madhav took her to her room and then opened her trunk. He produced a scroll from it.
"See this. This is the written promise by your father to the king of Vyushti."

She proceeded to read it.
A solemn promise by her father was written on the scroll with the names of the bride and groom at the bottom.

Ayushimati Rajkumari Chandraa sang Chiranjeevi Rajkumar... Bhaaga?