18. Lost in the Ocean of His Eyes

I went out of the palace to see a lot of people gathered there. Oh, how I prayed that it be Suren!

I went right through the crowd to see a man sitting on top of a horse. I gazed at him for a while when I saw Suren on horse at a distance. A smile formed on my lips and I went near him.

"You're safely back!" I said.
And he smiled in rerurn.

That is when Shachi got down from behind him and hugged me while I hugged her back.

I turned around to see that man constantly looking at me.
"Who is he Shachi jiji?" I asked her.

"Uh... he is.. umm, Chandraa, he is.."

His eyes widened when he heard my name. He, with those widened eyes, looked at Suren as if asking something. Suren replied with a smile. All this did not go unnoticed by me.

I just decided to ignore him.
I went inside and brought an aarti ki thal for Suren and Shachi. I welcomed them inside. He also followed them.

Suddenly I recalled something. I stopped in mid way and said,
"Yuvraj, I found something."
"What?"
"The promise my father had given your kingdom."

Suren too stopped walking and his eyes had some kind of strange fear in them.

"Wh..what did it say?"
"It was really strange. It did not even have your name in it, nor did it have your kingdom's name. Just some Bha-" I said resuming walking.

"It might be something else..."
"Yuvraj!" I said making him shiver with my sudden change in voice.

"Madhav told me that I wasn't to be married to you. Please say that he was lying! Please say that I was supposed to be wed to you!"

"I.." he started saying, but stopped.

'Why would he ever answer me?' I mumbled and left.

🌙

I was looking out of the window in my room, when someone entered my room.

"You?"

"You?" he too said.

"What are you doing in my room?" we said in unison.

"This is my room!" I said.

"No, it's mine!" He said.

"How can it be yours? First of all, do you even know who I am?"

"Yes, I do." he said sitting on the bed, "You are Mahidhar's princess, Chandraa. But you surely don't know who I am."

"Huh! I don't don't need to know who you are! And also by the way, I am not princess anymore."

"OK, since you don't want to know who I am, I am sure you don't want to know why someone's else's name was written on your wedding card."

"What do you know about that?" I said.

"So, one day Yuvraj Surya and his younger brother, Bhaaga, travelled to Mahidhar,"

He said making me gasp.

"and there Rajkumar Bhaaga saw a very beautiful princess. He told this to his brother and Suren promised him that he'll get him married to him if possible."

"After a few years, one day, the demons abducted some people from this kingdom. Rajkumar Bhaaga went to save them from the demons but the demons captured him too!"

I was listening to him carefully, his eyes were showing a thousand emotions, and his voice was beautiful.

"Suren decided that he'll get that princess married to his brother. So he brought her from her kingdom and waited for his brother to return."

These lines made me widen my eyes.

"Then one day Bhaaga wrote a letter to his brother, Suren, to come and rescue him. He immediately went to rescue him but he also got caged by those monsters. This is when his wife showed her bravery and fought the demons and brought both the brothers and the people they had abducted back."

"When they returned, Bhaaga found out that the princess he wants to marry is staying at his kingdom as well as his room."

"But then he finds out that his brother had to lie to everyone that she is his wife so that no one questions her. Story over."

"Kya hua? Where are you lost?" he said.

"Does that mean...?"

"That means... you're still princess and if you wish to, you can marry the prince that has been longing for you, which is me."