1. Ray of Light

Sheetlapuri, Mahidhara.

As the sun rose from between the mountains, a beautiful voice filled the air, making the whole palace wake up smiling. It was the wife of the prince Satya, Satvika. She sang a song to Goddess Parvati. When she stopped singing, everyone praised her voice, which made her very happy.

Somewhere inside the walls of the palace,
"Chandraa!" the Maharani of Mahidhar called out to her daughter who was running all around the palace.

"Chandraa!" she called out once again.

Rajkumari Chandraa ran through the corridors of the palace, her hair dancing in the wind, the dupatta of her dress flying in the air. She then took a basket of flowers kept nearby and tossed them in the air.

Suddenly she felt someone's hand grabbing hers. She looked to see her friend Madhav.

"You are going to get married, and you're still being this childish! What will your husband think of you?"

"Oh, please! I'm not married yet! And I want to enjoy this time to the fullest."

"By the way, I have got some information for you! According to my messengers, you have received alliances from Vyushti and Meghapushpa. And the Raja has chosen... "

"Whom?!"

"Why should I tell you?" Madhav said running around with a teasing face.

"Tell me or I'll-" I said running after him.

Madhav, knowing my anger, stopped and said,
"Okay okay! Let me tell you! He chose Vyushti! You are soon going to be married to the prince of Vyushti Pradesh!"

Hearing this, I went into a trance, my cheeks red, mind lost in thoughts.

"What is his name?" I asked, coming out of the trance.

"Don't worry, it won't take long for you to find out!" Madhav said teasing me!

I slightly hit him with my hand and ran away from there, all red.

Why was this happening? Why am I becoming red? What is this?!!?

// wherever 'I' (or pronouns relating to I) will be used, it will be for Chandraa's pov, and where not, it would be third person's pov. //