10. Cared or Mislead?

Chandraa made several attempts to gain Suren's attention but all in vain.
Suren acted nicely with her but there were way much duties that he needed to fulfil to his wife. Spending time with her, talking to her, supporting her whatever the situation, and much more.

He talked to her casually. Just like he conversed with other people in the castle, not like he talks with Shachi.

Chandraa started feeling that she had some shortcoming in her. Maybe Shachi was much more beautiful than she is. Maybe he doesn't like the way she dresses. Such thoughts kept running in her mind all the time.

Shachi used to notice this from afar, and had also tried to convince Suren to give her more attention. But he kept being stubborn. This was stupidity. He believes that he will return? When there are absolutely no chances?

🌙

At night, Shachi went to Chandraa's room. Chandraa was sitting in front of the mirror, expressionless.
Shachi held her shoulders.

"Don't be sad Chandraa. I will try to explain to Arya that you await him." Bhaaga said.

"Why would he come to me? He loves only you." I said.

"It's not so Chandraa! He has married you. It is his duty to pay attention to you!" she said.

"Had I known that this would happen to me here earlier, I would have asked father to accept Meghapushpa's alliance instead of Vyushti's." I said teary-eyed.

"Let bygones be bygones. Now you are Vyushti's Yuvrani. Thinking about Yuvraj is your only destiny now."

"And when will he start thinking about me?" I said, hurt.

No one cared that Yuvraj had not even once entered my room, not even once had he asked whether I missed home or not. He doesn't care. All he cares about is his first wife.

Reading my thoughts, Shachi replied,
"I am not your rival Chandraa. Consider me your elder sister. And I promise, that I will make Arya come to you."

These words of her shocked me. Was she really worried about me? Had I mistook her to for my rival? Or was she misleading me?