Chapter 6- I don't date virgins

Emily's POV

The more I think about it the more I realise Alison is my obsession. I'm so angry at myself for being rude to her and I have to continuously remind myself that I'm the badass chick who isn't supposed to care about some dumb teacher's pet girl. She was just some snobby little girl that had come to Rosewood High and made the mistake of thinking that I give a crap about her. Well I don't. Then why do I spend so much time thinking about her?

I don't have time to think about innocent girls like that. The only girl I can even handle being around is Hanna. Well and Saturday nights with girls who have experience at sex. I knew better than to have pathetic feeling toward other people. People get hurt. The only way to survive is to stay alone. I know that. Hanna does too. We would protect each other but in the end we knew that we shouldn't get too close to anyone to minimise the casulties. I had already learnt that at a young age. I made the mistake once- of trusting the wrong person- I am not prepared to get hurt again. I can't risk getting hurt or pulling someone down with me. I have stuck with this rule for my whole life since the incident, Alison DiLaurentis isn't going to be my exception.

As I sit at home, I think about school for the first time in a while. And this stupid group assignment. I grab the home-phone and call Hanna.

"Hey Em. What are you wearing tonight?" Of course, tonight's Saturday night.

Before I know what I'm doing I tell Hanna, "Actually I'm not going tonight. Have fun without me."

Hanna's confused. I haven't cancelled on our Saturday night before. "You okay Em?"

"Yeah I just have this assignment," I say. And I realise I'm cancelling so I can work on the group assignment. I hear Hanna scoff on the other end of the phone. She's not the only one surprised. I've never even passed a subject since junior year. Why the heck did this project mean so much to me? I wouldn't let myself develop feelings for Alison. I couldn't. She'd get hurt and plus she would see my flaws and reject me. I don't want that pain. It's time I passed a subject. I tell myself. But I know, there is a bigger reason than that.

"Someone has a little crush on Blondie," Hanna teases.

"Fuck off, she's a virgin. I don't date and I don't fuck virgins," I defend myself. Hanna laughs, clearly not buying it. I hang up on her. She won't take offense and plus in around an hour's time she'll be too wasted to remember this conversation.

I am working on the conclusion for the group assignment when my doorbell rings.