♥︎Taeil♥︎

26.08.2021
Word count: 1003
royal au

Y/N POV

"A pretty flower for a pretty princess." Taeil gave me a rose he plucked from my mom's garden. "If she knows she'll get mad." I warn him. "Then I'll have to run." He nervously laughs. "One day I'll marry you princess." He winks. "I really hope so." I smile. "Princess, you're expected at the dining room. You'll be having lunch now." I get up from the green grass and run inside. "Don't run." Mom warns me. My eyes widened and I hide the flower behind my back. "Your dress got dirty, go change first." She tells me.

"Yes mom." I smile and go to my room. One of the maids was putting new sheets on my bed. "Hello princess." She smiles. "I need to change dresses." I say. "Have you been playing around?" she asks. "Of course that's what 9 year olds are supposed to do right." I giggle. "I won't tell your mom." She smiles. "Thank you." I put the flower I got on my desk. "Huh you plucked a flower? Quickly get rid of it, you'll get in trouble." She warns me. "I didn't do it, it was Taeil. I warned him but he still gave it to me." I say.

"Taeil isn't real." She tells me. I sigh. "I thought you were on my side." I pout. "I am but sometimes you gotta be realistic and not get in trouble yeah?" She helped me hide the flower and change dresses. "Now go have dinner." She tells me. "Okay thank you!" I walk out. When I reached the stairs I heard a voice. "Am I in trouble now?" Taeil asks. "No you'll never get in trouble. I promise." I smile at him. "Thank you." He smiles. "Are you eating dinner with us?"

"Ah no. I'll see you tomorrow, same time right?" He asks. "Yes, bye Taeil!" I hug him before I go to the dining room. I walked in with a rush but composed myself and walked like a real princess. That's what mom always tells me. I sit down and start eating. "What were you even doing that your dress got that dirty?" Mom asks me. "I was in the backyard, like on my schedule." I say. "You're supposed to read not run around like a boy." Dad tells me. "I'm sorry." I apologise. "Don't make it happen again!" Dad tells me.

6 years later

"When are they coming back?" I sigh laying on my bed. "They'll be this Friday." The maids told me. "It's so long." I sigh. "It's already Wednesday princess, it won't be that long." They tell me. A knock was placed on the door. I sit straight up on the bed. All maids left as they saw my butler. "I'm here to bring you news about your parents." He says. "How are they? Did they write me?" I ask. "There has been an incident. The queen is at the hospital but they're afraid she won't make it."

"What about father?" I ask. "He sadly passed during the accident." He tells me. "You're joking right?" I ask. "I'm afraid I have to take my job very seriously princess. I'm sorry to bring you the news. Dinner's at 7." He says before leaving my room. With my face in my pillows I bawled my eyes out. I'm left alone. "Why are you crying?" I ignored Taeil. "Hey talk to me. Get your face out of the pillow before you can't breathe anymore." He tells me. "My parents passed. Well actually my mom's still in the hospital but she pretty much the same like my dad, lifeless."

"No." He shook his head. "Yes Taeil, I just received the message." I cried more. He wipes my tears. "Does this mean you'll be the next queen?" He asks. "I can't become a queen at 15. I need to be 18 first." I sighed deeply. "So once you're 18..." he trailed off. "On my birthday I'll be crowned as the next queen. I don't even know anything of being a queen, I don't even have a king." I say. "You have me, I can be your king." He smiles. "Can you stay here tonight?" I ask. "Sure."

3 years later

"Princess in a few days you'll become the queen. Don't you need to find yourself a king? You can't control the country on your own." My butler said. "I already have my king. Taeil." I say. "Taeil is your imaginary friend when you were 5. You should be realistic. "Taeil is real! He's my king, I'll marry him! You can't tell me other wise, I'll be your queen soon, you'll have to obey me!" He looks at me in fear and walks away after apologising. "I'm sorry Taeil." I hug him. "It's alright."

I was woken up really early in the morning, they put me in a too tight dress, accessories everywhere and my hair pinned up. I didn't like it but this is the ritual of becoming the queen. There will be a whole ceremony that will be aired for the whole country and some of my parents' old royal friends will be invited for the dance ball and for dinner. I don't like it at all. I'll have to greet all these people I don't even know. And they all think I'm insane telling me Taeil isn't real when he clearly is.

"You look fantastic today." He tells me. "Thank you, you also look amazing." I compliment him. "But this is about you, your birthday and you're becoming the queen in less than an hour or so." He tells me. "But you're becoming the king so it's also your day." I tell him. "In all these years have I ever told you that I love you?" He asks. "I don't think so." I shook my head. "Then I'll say it now, I love you." I smile happily. "I love you too." He leans closer and pecked my cheek. "Happy birthday queen!"

~
A/N: I obviously don't do much royal au's cuz I suck at it and I don't know any of those official terms like butler and maids doesn't sound right and like I'm sure there are more words for queen and king but I don't know hehe
💚🌱