✨Part-41✨

🧡🏎🧡

Singapore and Russia had been both been good weekends for the team with lots of points scored

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Singapore and Russia had been both been good weekends for the team with lots of points scored. But the big shift in time zones were taking a toll on Lando; In every way.

Lately he felt like Claire had been really distant, and whenever he tried to make an effort she wasn't being completely honest about how she felt. He was glad that he would finally be home, he could see her, hold her and talk to her, face to face.

He pulled into the driveway, the lights of the rooms were still on. He noticed a figure by the window, waving at him. It was definitely Claire, she was now walking hurriedly towards the door.

The door of the house flung open, she looked tired and her hair was all tousled.

"I'm back!" He smiled wrapping his arms around her.

"Welcome home." She smiled before placing a kiss on his cheek.

"Looks like we're both exhausted, head to bed?" He asked.

"You can if you want to, Ophelia doesn't sleep through the night and constantly needs me."

"I'd offer to stay up but the time zones and jet lag has me completely messed up." He answered honestly.

"Head to bed then." She answered flatly.

She freed herself from his embrace and headed back to the nursery, Ophelia was cooing and making strange noises that increased when she realised Claire was here.

"What are you on about Little Worm?" She chuckled softly.

Lando stood at the door of room, watching Claire take care of Ophelia. She noticed him at the door and asked him why he wasn't sleeping already.

"I changed my mind, I'm not really all that sleepy. Get your rest!" He smiled.

"I'm going to be down for a few hours, try not to scare her when she's crying."

"Ouch! The jabs you're taking at me."

***

The next morning, Claire once again found herself fast asleep on the chair in Ophelia's nursery. She peeped into the cradle, she was fast asleep.

Claire headed out to see what Lando was up to, he was in the kitchen creating a ruckus.

"Stop rattling the pots and pans so much! She's going to wake up!"

"Good morning to you too!"

"Good morning! I'd give you a hug but I'm pretty sure my shirt has Ophelia's puke on it." She took a whiff of her shirt.

"I'm just finishing up breakfast, which you can eat and I'll be in the backyard if you need me." He smiled kissing her forehead.

Claire sat at the breakfast counter, craving to eat the scrambled egg he made for her. She caught a glimpse of her reflection on the oven's door. Her eyes looked tired, her hair was a greasy mess. Her peace was short lived for the doorbell rang and Ophelia was crying.