✨Part-27✨

🌧🏘🌧

"Don't wait up for me, I'm quite busy today." Lando explained running out of the door.

Claire was about to say something but she didn't bother, there was only so much laundry she could do in a day.

Besides the suitcase of clothes from Monaco were washed now, it's not like she wore them anymore, his clothes were her new wardrobe.

She didn't have anything to do so she decided to lay down for a bit, she woke up to annoying beeping noises that seemed to coming from the entrance of the house, it sounded like a vehicle was reversing.

She looked out of the windows to see what was happening, Lando was standing right at the gates, helping what seemed like a Van enter the driveway.

"Lando! What is happening?" She yelled walking towards him.

"It's been fun having you around, and I don't want you to leave so I did what I had to." He smiled sheepishly.

"And what is that?" She crossed her arms and glared at him.

"Move you here... I packed all your things! Don't worry about strangers touching your things!"

Claire took a deep breath, sometimes she didn't know if she adored him or wanted to yell at him. This was definitely one of those moments, she didn't want to create a scene, she turned around and walked back in.

She sat down on the couch and kicked her legs up, stroking her belly, speaking to her baby. Lando walked in, hoping to talk to her.

He decided to just stick around for a while, the tone, her voice and the way she was speaking to her bump was soothing. Even if she was complaining about him and talking about how hard it's been doing everyday tasks.

He slid next to her on the sofa, she moved away. He looked at her as if he's been betrayed, she didn't look thrilled.

"What's wrong?" He asked. Stretching his arms out to invite her into an embrace. She gently smacked them away.

"The last thing I want to do is be held by you," she huffed, "you wouldn't talk to me about what's wrong, just throw yourself into gaming and work and then now you move my things here without even asking if it was alright with me."

"Claire, I didn't mean to-"

"If only you'd talk to me! Yes Lando I like living with you, I would love moving in but you have to ask me. You can't just do things like this without asking me."

"So, do you want me to take the van back-"

"No, no I don't. But please ask me and talk to me about things, especially big moves like this and things that make you upset." She murmured.

"Let's talk in a bit, first I've got to get your stuff out of the van and in the house." He smiled, he tried giving her a quick peck on the cheek but she placed her hand on his lips, stopping him.

After a while of moving around boxes, putting things where she wanted them too, it was already evening. She headed into the kitchen saying she was hungry and needed to cook something.

It had only been a few hours but the coldness bothered him so much, he realised what she could have possibly felt was much worse.

"Now that we're finally here, let's talk and sort it all out." He announced plopping himself on the bed.

"This is where people sleep, my back is killing me I'm going to sleep." She pulled the covers over herself.

"I'll give you a back rub, but we need to speak, communicate."

"Fine." She grumbled.

Lando started, he started off with apologising to her. Telling her about the conversation he had with his parents, how he felt like everyone was doubting him and his ability to look after her and their Little Worm. He was trying to collect himself but the self doubt kicked in, and slowly became frustration.

Her dove eyed face looked at him, on the verge of tears. It made him feel even more horrible, making her cry even more when he promised to never let those eyes be tear stained ever again.

"You were cold towards me for a few hours and it sent me over the edge, I'm sorry I made you feel like that." He whispered cupping her face.

She didn't push his hands away, she melted into them. They talked for a while, still in his embrace, laughed, cleared misunderstandings and drifted to sleep.