✨Part-22✨

💕🐛💕

Another few weeks flew by, Claire's little worm was much more active now. She could feel her movements and kicks every once in a while, sometimes they hurt but it was a dull pain.

Cindy had come over to study for the finals with her, she was the only person Claire had told she was pregnant. Cindy didn't ask her too many questions but made sure she was doing good and feeling comfortable at all times.

Even if Lando wasn't around, and she had pushed him away by choice she couldn't help but think what he was up to. She felt guilty for it, but then she believed he was wasting his life by being around her.

He could be at a party or on a yacht having a good time with some pretty person who wasn't pregnant. But with her, he was going to be spending his downtime running to the hospital, random places for her cravings and just in general not very fun activities.

Downtime, that reminded her that he was probably back from Spain, she should maybe ask him about how his weekend went. She left the thought alone and picked up revision with Cindy again.

By the time both of them were done studying, it was way past a comfortable time for Claire to cook or go out to eat. She decided to get takeaway, after placing an order she sank into the couch, caressing her belly and talking to her Little Worm.

The doorbell rang, Claire was glad that her food was finally here. But when she opened the door her first instinct was to shut it again, but he was quicker.

"No. You're not pushing me away anymore!" Lando held the door open.

"Lando! What- a surprise!"

"Claire, I'm so sorry I don't know what I did that hurt you so much, please don't push me away." He begged.

"I... it's not your fault come on in." She let him into the flat.

"Then what is it? Why are you running away from me?"

"I wasn't running away, I just didn't want to disturb you and Valentina."

"Who is that?" He looked at her in confusion.

"What do you mean who is that?" She asked him with even more confusion.

"I don't know who you're talking about."

"I'm talking about Valentina Novikova, she was at your garage in Baku, I assumed she was the other person you were talking about when you asked-"

"Why would I want to see other people when you're all cute and pregnant here!?" He blurted out.

His words made Claire blush, she didn't know what to say. He wasn't saying anything either, he looked like he was just processing what he said.

"Claire, what made you think I'm seeing her?"

"I mean, she's pretty, she's an Instagram model, she was in your garage. It doesn't take a genius to join the dots."

"And they're all completely wrong. I didn't even know who that was, sure I follow her on Instagram but that's about it. McLaren invited her. Not me." He looked at her trying to reassure her.