✨Part-14✨

🍼🩺🍼

She spent the rest of her weekend settling in, unpacking, discovering the neighbourhood and being constantly reminded by Lando how close they were to the day of the scan

London had been chilly since the day she arrived, but this Monday morning as she was heading to her first ever lecture at the new university, it felt even colder.

The morning sickness had reached a new high this morning, Claire thought that maybe a walk would make her feel better.

So that's what she did, ate her breakfast and decided to walk to her first ever class. Her phone started buzzing in the pocket of her coat.

"Hello?" She answered the phone.

"Hey you! How are you doing today?" The now familiar and comforting voice asked on the other side.

"I'm nervous, and nauseous." She laughed, "how are you?"

"Today looks packed and I wanted to talk to you about it..." his voice didn't sound as cheerful anymore.

"Go on, tell me." She urged him.

"I don't think I'll be able to make it to the scan." He sighed. "I'm so sorry! I was so excited about it and-"

"It's okay!" Claire mustered a fake smile, "I told you, you don't have to make these sort of commitments towards me. You have a career and it should be your first priority!" She reassured him.

"Thanks for being so understanding I'll make it up to you, I promise! Have a great first day alright? I can't wait to hear about it! Bye Claire." He ended the call.

Claire felt like she was choking on tears, she stiffed it up and continued walking. Her mind was racing at a million thoughts a minute, why did she feel hurt when she knew that his career came first? Why was she on the verge of tears because he can't make it to the scan?

She brushed those thoughts away and put on a big smile as she walked through the entrance of the university. She was determined to not let this ruin her day.

****

Lando started his day earlier than usual and shifted all his commitments around just to make sure the rest of his day was freed.

Right now, he was sitting in the last of his commitments and couldn't help but check his phone. He wanted to be out of here, so he could surprise Claire.

He had come with this idea yesterday, they had decided that they'd meet directly at the hospital on Monday and Claire would undergo the scan.

But Lando wanted to do something extra. He pitched his idea to Jon. His idea was to tell Claire that he can't make it and then show up to her campus.

Jon had termed it as a horrible idea and that it was going to make her cry, but Lando had a mind of his own. He had made up his mind and was going to do exactly what he wanted.