✨Part-68✨

"I'm worried sick! Where is he!?" Charlotte paced in the lobby of the hotel.

"I'm one hundred percent sure he's at Claire's house." Jon said looking up from his phone.

"Should we go down there?" She asked.

"Absolutely not! He'll come back, either smiling like a fool or devastated because he had his heart broken the second time by the same girl."

"You're surprisingly calm about this."

"I'm basically his babysitter, I know him." He laughed.

"What am I supposed to say to all the journalists that wanted to ask him questions?"

"Make him work overtime next race." Jon smiled evilly.

"Now that's... a good idea. He messes with us, we make him work overtime!" She laughed.

"That's him isn't it?" She looked at the McLaren that drove into the portico.

She looked on, he got out of the car and walked to the other side, opening the door for a woman with long blonde hair-that had to be Claire. She walked to the entrance, Jon noticed and followed.

"Hi." Claire awkwardly waved at the two of them.

"See you both at team dinner!" Lando beamed at them, leading Claire into the hotel.

"Well, at least he isn't heartbroken." Jon shrugged.

"These two are going to be the end of me!" She sloped her forehead.

***

"He doesn't shut up you know? He's become that guy- brags about his kid at work? Yeah that's Lando." Daniel took a jab at him.

"We're forgetting that period of when he behaved like a chihuahua." Andreas added.

"I've been laughing for the past fifteen minutes! Oh gosh!" Claire laughed, almost out of breath at this point.

Lando had brought her over for their team dinner, while they were all really glad to see her,  they took this as an opportunity to make jokes at the cost of Lando. He didn't seem to care about the jokes being made, for he got to see her laugh and smile- the sights he had been missing and craving for way too long.

"Okay, have fun kiddos I'm going to head out now." Zak smiled leaving the table.

"Yeah I think we should all call it a day, this was fun, thank you team!" Lando said.

The pair walked out of the restaurant, Claire was craving ice cream and a long walk in the moonlight. They found a quaint ice cream parlour, grabbed their ice creams and walked along the street.

"Thank you Love, for everything." He smiled placing a kiss on her cheek.

"You're the one I should be thanking. You fought for us."

"And I'll fight for us every time I need to."

They stood there, smiling at each other like fools. Claire chuckled and looked away, he asked her what was on her mind.

"I'm just thinking about how my therapist is going to take this." She laughed.

"Oh." He answered flustered.

"What we're you thinking?"

"Nothing." He looked away and continued walking.

"Landoooooo tell me!"

"No! It's embarrassing." He gushed.

"You've kissed your good friend thinking it's me, I don't think anything can top that."