Chapter 36: Showcase Maze.

Hello everyone, welcome back to my book. I know it has been some time since I updated, but life keeps you busy. Anyways, this us the first time I have written a performance, so please beware that it might not be that good. Let me know your thoughts on how it was.

So with that out of the way, I present to you Chapter 36. Enjoy.

《《《《《《《《《《》》》》》》》》》

For the next few days, the gang helped Serena practice her Showcases while they continued training for the tournament. The day before yesterday, they had encountered Palermo. Just remembering the interaction brought a smile to their faces.

Flashback.

Ash and Serena were walking down the street when a limousine stopped in front of them. The doors opened to reveal one of the many faces they hated, Palermo. Both of them held each other's hands tightly to comfort themselves.

"Hello Alice." Palermo greeted. Serena quickly composed herself and put up a small smile.

"Hi Ms Palermo." She replied. Palermo was stunned that she knew her since she was from another region.

"I'm glad you know me. Just for the formalities, I'm Palermo, ex-Kalos Queen and the most successful producer in Showcase history." She replied.

"Alice, Alice Gabena. And this here is my lovely boyfriend Greg Paris." Serena replied, introducing herself and Ash. Palermo didn't seem quite pleased but they didn't care.

"Mhm Alice, is is possible that I talk to you alone?" Palermo asked in an expressionless tone.

"Sure. Greg dear, do you mind?" Serena asked winking.

"Of course not. Just be there for practice on time. I'll leave you two to talk." Ash replied and kissed Serena, who returned it with equal passion.

'These two seem quite close. No worries though, I'll deal with it my way.' Palermo thought

"It was nice meeting you miss. Take care Honey." With that Ash left, leaving Serena to talk with Palermo. Greninja remained in Serena's shadow, just in case Palermo tried any stunt.

"You two seem quite close?" Palermo asked

"Of course. Greg is all that a girl could ask for. We have been together for years now." Serena replied happily.

"That's good. But let's get to the point shall we?" She asked and both of them took a seat at a nearby cafe.

"So what do you want from me Ms Palermo?" Serena asked.

"Alice you're from Hoenn right?" She asked snd Serena nodded. "You see I had plans to produce a girl whom I had asked to journey there. You might know her name, Serena Yvonne."

"Yes ofcourse. Her performances are the one that inspired me to come here. It's so unfortunate she is no more, I feel so bad." Serena said, faking sadness.

"Indeed, it's a pity. Anyways, since she is not here, I have no one to produce. I was looking for a new candidate but none of them seemed interesting. However after I saw you, I must say I was impressed. You have some really great potential Alice and I would really like to be your producer." Palermo said, making the offer.

"Wow. I must say I'm flattered."

"Don't flatter yourself. Just say 'Yes' and I'll make sure you win the Masterclass this time." Palermo said and took out some papers.