Chapter 34:- Serena's True Power

《《《《《《《《《》》》》》》》》》》

After that unexpected encounter and lunch halt, our gang headed towards the Snowbelle City gym, with Serena being much more determined and confident. Meanwhile Leaf was wondering what her fiancé had in store for her sister. Soon, they reached Snowbelle City but since it was late, they decided to turn in for the night and challenge the game the next day.

The next day, all of them got ready and headed for the gym. After training so hard none of them required any winter clothes to enter the Ice type gym. When they reached, the telecom warned them regarding it, but they said they were fine and the doors opened. Wulfric, the gym leader saw them enter and was surprised that they were not any winter clothes. However, one look at Sean and he knew it was him.

"Why hello there, I'm Wulfric, the gym leader of Snowbelle City. Its been a long time since someone came in here without any sweater. So who is the challenger?"

"We are." Ash and Serena said and stepped forward.

"Hmm, two challengers and that too a couple. Well what do you know, this is a day of many firsts. But I'll battle only the girl." Wulfric replied. This seemed to shock everyone but Sean, who looked at him and nodded.

"But sir-" Ash started but was interrupted by Serena.

"One question, does he get the veteran badge if I win?" She asked, determined.

"Ok, I will give you that. However, you have only one chance. I will not allow you to re-challenge the gym since the league is near." Wulfric replied

"Alright, I accept." Serena replied sternly, much to everyone's surprise.

"Okay then young lady, you can choose the rules." Wulfric said.

"1 vs 1 is sufficient." Serana replied. She knew that this was an ice type gym and if the battle had more pokemon, there would be too many variables.

"Alright then, let's begin. Come on out Abomasnow." Wulfric called out his ace clearly shocking Serena. She knew he was strong but she never expected him to go all out. She had Swampert and Gardevoir who could Mega evolve, but didn't have any type of advantage. Infact Swampert was at a severe disadvantage. She decided to trust her gut and go with her first and most faithful starter pokemon and friend, Delphox.

"Delphox, time for shine." She called out as the Fox pokemon glared at the giant ice bear. She and her trainer were both burning with passion and could be clearly seen. They both wanted to be the strongest they could be and protect their partners.

"Let's Go Alice." Ash cheered.

Battle Begin

We'll start, Abomasnow, Ice Shard.

Delphox flamethrower

The attacks collided and there was a mild explosion. However, when the ice collided with the fire, it melted snd some of the water went on Delphox's fur, angering the pokemon. On top of that, Abomasnow's ability Snowy Warning kept hail on as well.

'Good thing Delphox are so keen on their fur. It helps sometimes.' Wulfric thought

Don't worry Delphox. I'll brush your fur all night. Now we have a battle to win. Delphox came out of her daze, ready for battle.

Alright then, Wood Hammer

Fire punch, fight it head on.

The two pokemon kept exchanging blows for some time. In the stands, Ash thought he had rubbed off on Serena as she was taking the attacks head on like him, but he was wrong. Even though Wood Hammer is a powerful move, it is not very effective against Delphox. On top of that it dealt recoil damage and Delphox was landing ultra effective moves from time to time. Wulfric saw this and knew what had to be done.