Chapter 29:- The Meeting

Hello everyone, I am back with a new chapter. I have nothing more to say so let's get this show on the road.
《《《《《《《《《《》》》》》》》》》

It was around 11 am the next day. All the pokemon had their breakfast and were training. However, there was no sign of their trainers. Sean was the first one to wake up. He groggily opened his eyes to see his girlfriend sleeping with huge smile on her face. Then he remembered the events of last night. 'Er she is not my girlfriend anymore.'

Flashback

Serena had informed her plan for the anniversary date she had planned for her and Ash. If course Sean and Leaf were more than happy to let them be. But before coming back from Mt Silver with Ash, Sean had finished reading all the scrolls. He now knew things that he didn't know previously and was scared. He had seen his father die in front of him and his mom was no longer there as well. Ash was barely saved and now they were fighting to save the world from its biggest danger yet. He understood how short life is and he wanted to make the most out of it. So he asked Serena for some advice to take Leaf out on a date. Serena was more than happy to help and got it set for him.

He took Leaf to a nice restaurant and they had a fun time eating dinner. They didn't have much fun things to talk about like Ash and Serena because of their past, so Sean would bring up embarrassing stories of his childhood before the tragic events. He even brought some up that were Ash's which he got to know from Ash on Mt Silver, making Leaf burst into a fit of giggles.

After the dinner, they both went on a stroll. It was a nice moonlight path, with a lot of flowers blooming. There was a lake nearby, the water sparkling. Some pokemon could be seen playing with each other, reminding them how simple yet complex this world can be. Soon they reached a tree that ended the path.

"Well what do you say, wanna sit down for some time princess?" Sean asked

"Sure." Leaf said. They both sat down with Leaf sitting on Sean's lap, her head on his chest and his hand around her waist. They both sat there in a comfortable silence, just happy with each others company.

"Thanks for this Sean, I know Serena helped but thanks a lot." Leaf said

"No problem my princess." Sean said calmly, but in reality he was freaking out.

After about half an hour, Leaf got up, ready to go back.

"Alright Sean let's go." She said getting up and dusting her clothes. However, much to her surprise, Sean was sitting there his head hung low.

"What happened Sean?" She asked

"Leaf I wanted to talk to you about something."

"What is it?"

Sean put his hands in his pockets and started feeling nervous. He had thought about a lot of things to say but wasn't able to, at the moment.

"Leaf...I love you." Sean said with a sigh.

"I know that silly. Is that all?" She asked

"No. "

Leaf what about to ask what happened but Sean beat her to it by getting down on one knee.

"Leaf Yvonne, ever since you entered my life, you turned it around. I don't know what it was about you that I couldn't push you away, but I now know it was love. You were, are and will always be the light to my darkness. So.." He stopped and pulled out a small black box from his pockets and opened it. Leaf gasped. "Will you marry me?"