44 | Discovery | October 28, 1899

Because I am Never Okay after watching a show at midnight, as well as after running out of content for said show, I hope I can channel all my Midnight Emotions into writing something here.

It's really the end of this that really matters. Now, all I need to do, is make it worth while until then. So... Enjoy! :)

Fall is always a weird in-between season. It's too cold to be summer, but not miserable enough to be winter. Yet they are pretty much half way through fall now. An even weirder point in time.

Today, something just...doesn't feel right for Race. He tries to ignore it. But whatever it is is making his mood dark and gloomy like the clouds overhead. The worst part is that he doesn't know what caused him to feel this way. 

Luckily, there are many ways to try and fix it.

If he meets up with Spot at Sheepshead, surely it'll all go away.

And for some time, the feeling does go away. Race tries to forget about it. 

With Spot smiling next to him as they sit in his box together, he just might be able to.

Race focuses on the horses. It's going to be a really close call of who will cross the finish line first, he can tell. Those two horses are neck and neck. It's really unclear which one will be in first place. But it's the things like that that makes all of this interesting, and very fun to watch.

You can practically feel the anticipation of the crowd.

Race leans forward. He's not alone in that.

Suddenly, there's a rumble of thunder and rain starts pouring. Everyone starts standing up.

"Come on." Spot grabs Race's hand. "Let's get out of here."

"But the races-"

"I think they'se cancelled for today," Spot tells him firmly. "What we need to do, is to get out of the storm."

Without any reason to argue or complain, Race lets Spot lead him out of Box A (his box) and to wherever he plans to go after that.

Race loves the rain. If he could, he would stay out here forever. But thunder is never a good sign. Besides, Spot is determined to get them somewhere dry.

Turns out wherever he plans to go is the Brooklyn Newsies' Lodging House.

Race can honestly say that he's never been here before.

Spot gestures to the lodging house. "As you can see, here we are, in front of the place all the Brooklyn newsies call home. I ... was kinda hoping that the first time you'd come here, it'd be under different circumstances. But we're kinda out of options now."

"It's all good."

"Want a tour?" Spot offers.

Race can tell that this is something Spot wants. And now he wants to get out of the rain. "Sure!" He's always wanted to see inside the Brooklyn lodging house as well, and compare the differences between where he stays in Manhattan and where Spot stays in Brooklyn.

Spot opens the door. "Well, here it is."

When he walks inside, Race tries to take in everything at once. He always does. He can't help it. The ceiling above him. The floor below him. Where there are light bulbs. Where there is wooden floor and where there is carpet. There's some furniture scattered here and there, and discarded playing cards. It's clear that people live here. It truly isn't that different from Manhattan.