27 | Join A Strike, Will Ya? | July 18, 1899

Ah, yes. Brooklyn. Again. Enjoy! :)

Race is exhilarated.

The World will know.

But...which World? Race wonders. Are they just talking about The New York World? Or do they mean the whole wide world?

Maybe the first one. Maybe the second one. 

Probably the first one.

But wouldn't both just be amazing?

Yeah. That would be something to see.

He has to tell Spot about this. This strike is going to fix all their problems, he's sure of it.

"Spot! Hey Spot!" Race calls out happily.

"Hi Race!" Spot calls back. "Is Sheepshead in a nearby future for you?"

Race grins. "Maybe."

"Yesterday you came here really mad about the price change. What's got you so happy now?" Spot asks, pleased to see Race in a better mood than before. And not just a better mood--an amazing one.

"We're planning on going on strike!" Race tells him with glee. "We're gonna demand to get the price right back where it was! It's gonna be great! We gotta win, 'cause we need the prices to go down. And we'll make sure they will. And it'll all go back to normal!"

"That's great, Race!" Spot exclaims, happy for him. Am I gonna get roped into this strike of theirs?

Luckily for him, Race's mind changes subjects instantly. "I'm gonna go to Sheepshead now. I have a good feeling about gambling today."

"You say that almost every day!" Spot laughs.

"Yeah, but today's different, I know it!" Race replies. "See ya!" and with that he practically skips off to Sheepshead.

Spot smiles as he walks away. Just seeing Race so happy brightened up his day.

Hope they can actually follow through with this strike of theirs, Spot thinks to himself, amused at the idea of Manhattan going on strike. Race needs it.

What he has yet to figure out, though, is that Jack, David, and Boots are coming to Brooklyn right now to actually try to convince him to go on strike.

"Back again so soon, Jackie Boy?" Spot calls down from his perch. Race has been at Sheepshead for some time now. He jumps down to spit in his hand and shake with Jack. Then he turns to Boots. "Hiya, Boots."

"Hi Spot." Boots pulls out some marbles from his pocket. "I got some really good shooties for ya."

Spot grins as he takes them. Yes. He can put these to good use. Then he turns back to Jack.

"Why you back so soon, Jackie Boy? Ya here to ask where Race is? Tell me he's different?"

"No, Spot. We're here to talk about our strike," Jack says.

"What about it?" Spot asks.

"Wait, you know about it?"

Spot rolls his eyes. "I hear things from little birds, chirping in my ear. Harlem, Queens, all over." He pauses. "And Race was here too. He told me about it. He told me that you guys were talking about going on strike. Don't disappoint him, Jack. If you're only playing, Race is gonna be crushed. The whole idea of prices going back to where they were and everything has him really excited."