𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟸𝟹

|author pov|

"What did I do wrong?"
Chenle sniffed and looked at his white ceiling as negative thoughts and the unpleasing memory replay in his head.

"I like you..as a friend."

Chenle squeezed his eyes close and felt regret hit him. He shouldn't have said that..

Chenle groaned and cursed at himself then slammed his first onto his bed.

"Fuck, Aish Chenle you piece of shit."

The boy continued to rage at himself then suddenly heard his phone start ringing. He breathed out before grabbing his phone and look at the caller ID to see his father calling.

"Hello?"

📞:"Ah Chenle! I just wanted to ask if you are bringing a girl over to China ?"

"No..why?"

A long pause was heard through the phone then heard a sigh.

📞:"You brought a boy?"

"Yes..why not? Do you have a problem
with it ?"

Chenle's father was well aware that Chenle was gay, though he hoped Chenle with straighten up like man instead a boy who was weak.

📞:"Sort of, I was hopping you would be a girl..never mind I'll think of something else."

"What are you planning on?"

📞:"I was hoping for you to get married and take over my company when you're old enough."

"Excuse me what? You want me to get married? That's why you asked if I'm bringing a girl?"
Chenle felt his anger take over him but somehow managed to not show as much attitude.

📞:"Yes, I need to find someone quick for you. Chenle, you know one day you'll have to take over my company..your brother is fixing himself but I know he'll just bring shame to this company-"

"Dad, I told you that I'm staying at Korea..Im not recognized here and that's all I want. No recognition." Chenle fought.

📞:"But-"

"Sorry for not the son you wanted, I'm sorry for liking boys..but it gives you no right to force me back somewhere where my life wasn't great."

From there Chenle hung up and placed his phone back to his nightstand. He sighed and began having second thoughts about traveling back to China..but he knew this trip is all about Renjun to get reunited back with his real family.

This is for Renjun.

____________

"So packing!" Renjun exclaimed.

Chenle played his food, twisting and turning his chopsticks as he just hung his head low. Trying not to make eye contact with Jisung as much he usually does.

Meanwhile Jisung awkwardly ate his food and stole multiple glances at Chenle.

"Make sure to bring a formal outfit just in case of a formal event, bring pajamas! and most importantly bring the nice casual outfits like the ones to bring to school. On the plane to China, bring a comfy outfit..unless you want to dress extra nice for someone special." Renjun smirked, making Chenle's heart ache even more.

"Don't forget to bring the main important things like deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrush, chargers, and of course earphones!" Renjun continued and excitedly said.

Chenle sighed and lifted himself up from leaning on the metal table. He was jealous that Renjun was happy and bright at the moment meanwhile Chenle was sad and dark, he wanted to feel that again.

"Have you told your parents that we're going?"
Chenle said lazily voice.

"I want to tell them the day before we go there, is that good idea?-"

"It's better just to tell them now. I prefer it like that." Chenle cut off Renjun's sentence midway as anger was slowly eating him up.

"Yah Chenle, are you okay?" Jaemin said as he notified the coldness he had been giving off.

"What if I'm not okay? What if I'm sad and hating myself right now? What if Im just jealous !?" Renjun flinched at Chenle losing his temper. The boy was usually never like this, it's odd to not see the bright and funny lele but the exact opposite.

"I-Im sorry..I just..I have to go.." Chenle paused throughout his words then gave up what he said and only grabbed his backpack to leave the cafeteria, of course again leaving his tray behind.

"Ugh, how many times I'm going to skip lunch over a boy.." Jisung muttered before grabbing his backpack as well then notified Chenle's friends before leaving.

"I-I'll go get him, I apologize for his behavior." Jisung said before going across the cafeteria then dropping off his tray to run after a upset boy.

"Chenle!" Jisung yelled at the smaller who was walking up the stairs.

"Chenle! Pay attention when I'm talking you!"

"You sound like my dad." Chenle said under his breath and sped up his pace to get to somewhere away from Jisung.

"Chenle-ah! Please let's just talk ! Please!" Jisung begging words echoed throughout the hallways who were following Chenle.

"Please Jisung just leave me alone!" Chenle finally yelled back but the boy trailing behind him wasn't listening.

"Chenle! All I'm asking to talk! Please.." Jisung finally said softly making Chenle stop his tracks. trying to keep his tears back thinking about all of the times where he just wanted to burst into crying just because he was jealous over someone to laughed with a boy he liked..but wouldn't admit his feelings..Jisung.

"What do you want to talking about !?" Chenle turned his heals to face a worried tall boy.

"What's making you so angry lately? Why are you jealous all of a sudden?" Jisung breathed out, only receiving silence from a the smaller.

"I'm hurt."

Jisung didn't expect to hear those two hurtful words then began making steps closer.

"W-Why? Did someone do anything to you..?"

Chenle shook his head and left his head hanging low, as a tear escaped.

"There is this person and..I get insecure over the people who approach them because they're so pretty and I do have their beauty. But I don't want to like them because they will only cause me to be hurt." The boy sniffed and without even hearing footsteps he felt a pair of warm arms wrap around his body, he was pulled into a masculine chest that only gave him comfort.

He felt safe in those arms..

[a/n: this chapter is kinda messy :/ but how is day/night going? I had a good day today! Except that time I received a 50 on history quiz just bc I messed up these two things on a Regions of Texas thing 🥲 ]