chapter 66 - all is well

Start from the beginning

"That's not true!" Isaac protested, but the looks on our faces conveyed another message. Shaking his head whilst smiling, he brought the can of beer closer to his mouth. "Let's get back to drinking our beers and eating hamburgers."

Sticky notes were attached to the first part of my story, which had recently been edited by Sasha. Going over her suggestions and changes, the publication was coming closer; something I could only dream of back in the days.

Having to get back to Sasha soon, I made sure to create a to-do-list, so I'd have everything finished on time

With a blue gel pen, I underlined what I had to work on today, so I'd stay on track. It was vital to follow a schedule otherwise I would be in trouble because there was so much to get done.

At this point in the program, there was no time to waste therefore I had to work harder and longer hours than I usually would. But, in the back of my mind, I knew it would be worth it.

Removing the pink gel pen, which rested on my ear, I began to scribble down ideas on a loose piece of paper. Old memories reappeared in my mind which I had forgotten to place in the first part of the story. I didn't want to miss out on everything Harry and I had been through hence I tried to put all of them in my novel. By doing this, I knew, I'd forever be reminded of what we had gone through and how he had made me feel.

I held the blue gel pen between my lips, again, when focusing on the typed story. Mindlessly I began to move my feet to the rhythm of the music because I had my headphones on and I listened to one of my favorite albums. The volume wasn't loud, but I often found myself being distracted by a catchy melody or lyric I could listen to over and over again.

I had always been the type of person who listened to a selected group of artists because they were the only ones who could make me feel alive whenever I listened to their songs. It didn't matter how many times I put their records on repeat.

But the song was paused when my phone buzzed; an incoming caller. Without looking at my phone screen, I answered the call.

"Hello?" I spoke as I continued to put thoughts onto paper.

"Good morning, Liz."

Shivers ran down my spine when I heard his morning voice coming through the speakers. I should've recorded the call, so I'd be able to listen to it whenever I desired.

"Morning." I said back as a warm feeling washed over me. "You're up early."

"I've got five interviews planned today."

"That sounds like you've got a long day of work ahead."

"Yeah, it does. But I was hoping I could sneak out and see you during lunch?" Harry brought up excitingly.

Sighing softly, I dropped the pen from my hand and sat up. I had been laying on the floor all this time, so it was nice to get up and give myself a short break by talking to Harry. "I'm not at the office today. I'm editing from home." I shared and I immediately wished I was at the office. I'd have loved to have lunch with Harry.

"Then having lunch together is going to be pretty difficult." he pointed out because my apartment wasn't around the corner. "I can swing by your apartment on my way to work. If you don't mind?"

"Of course you can come by." I spoke, smiling widely. "You don't have to ask me." I added. If he ever decided to show up unannounced, I would be the last person to complain.

"I just don't want to distract you from your work." Harry said.

Butterflies moved around in my stomach. "I wouldn't mind if you did, though." I said truthfully. "When do you think you'll be here?"