𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐒

the black raven | 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐒

□ bruce □

Finding Mara like this is overwhelmingly alarming, but I know I can handle whatever she's going to say, arguments put aside.

She barely gets it out, a bomb, and I almost missed it, but with her state, I realized quickly what she had said.

From her sudden screaming I heard when I barged back in here - of which scared me more than I would've liked - to her small frame clinging to the elevator door for dear life, I would've sworn she was dying herself.

But this, this situation is different, because she's not in danger this time, it's not her getting hurt.

Yes, I'm extremely grateful for that, as I stroke her arm slightly, trying to relieve her traumatized mind state, but I realize that she's alone.

Meaning that my son and Alfred are up there, in the Manor. The only reason I know that is because, with Mara's sheer volume from before, both would've come bolting to her side, once again all arguments aside.

I know I have to move, I have to let Mara go, but it's like a force is stopping me.

But I have to.

Her body shakes as I tighten my grip on her when footsteps near -- they belong to Dick.

He kneels quickly as I pass her body into his arms.

I don't know the how, why, or when this happened, but I need to find out, right now.

□ tim □

Dad runs past me, as I sprint past him. I came in just minutes behind Dick, who came in half a minute behind Dad.

When I ran in here, all I heard was a wild boom and looked up to see bunches of bats flying around like crazy, but didn't see anyone. It freaked me out, I'll admit it.

But Mara's crumpled form as Dick turns to look at me, that's truly frightening, as I've never seen her like that before, ever.

And where the hell is Damian and Alfred, and what was that sound? I mean, to me it sounded like a car crash or something, but why the hell would there be a goddamned car crash in the Manor?

"Tim, go with Bruce," Dick's voice brings me back, and I turn back to see him hunched tensely over a computer.

"Wh-why? Hey, is-- Mara, what the hell happened?" I crouch down, putting a hand on Mara's arm, which is wrapped around Dick's neck.

She backs off of him suddenly, and I realize she was hugging him, and see her face.

My stomach knots itself, as I see her red, puffy eyes and worn down looking face, that seems forever modeled with-- well I don't know what.