The Butlers Forgiveness

the black raven | 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒

□ mara □

It's Sunday now. I hate Sundays. Why? Because I have to go back to the Manor tomorrow. I know they've been watching me, all of them. Creeps. My father, my brothers, Alfred, all watching me. Watching Monique, watching Lindsey. I don't call Monique's mother Lindsey out loud though, I wouldn't dare. Just in my head I call her Lindsey. Otherwise I just call her Mom, I guess, even though she's not my mom. My mom is dead, my mother is dead, as a stranger is my biological female guardian. I can't even stand to think about her, so I don't. Either way, I already overheard Lindsey talking to someone on the phone, who's first name starts with 'Mr' and ends with 'Wayne', so Bruce already knows where I've been. Not like he hasn't all fricken weekend. Again, CREEPY. I walked away after the first two words. Hanging around with Monique's family has been very refreshing, but I do have to admit I'm not used to being around women anymore, since I live with guys 24/7. It's getting slightly annoying, and I'm agitated with myself for that. I'm supposed to be angry at my family, and not with me or the people who so kindly let me stay here for the weekend.

"Heyyyy Mara," Monique started as she leans against the doorframe of her room. I'm leaning back in her chair on my phone. I look up at her.

"Yeah," I respond, half knowing what's coming.

"Your Dad's gonna be here in like, 5 minutes, so just a heads up," she smiles. I'm confused. Why- oh, right. She doesn't know about Bruce and that he's Batman, as crazy as that sounds. She also doesn't know that I got into a fight with him too, if you could call it that, even though it was more of an agressive conversation. Accept when I gave him the facts about how he wasn't here for the past 15 years, let alone knowing about me for 2. But then again he was kidnapped and tortured for whatever me, apparently, so I kinda have to cut him some slack. But I'm not gonna give it to him. Not yet.

"Ok, well, I'll get my stuff ready," I respond, dreading going back home. I probably should've just went home on Friday, it would've been a lot less awkward to go home to them like that rather than now. But I can't change the past, I can only make my future.

Jesus, that sounded like some superhero speech type bullcrap, like right before the big fight against the villian.

Stupid ass. Haha.

"Hey, um, thanks for letting me stay here, I know it was really last minute. And...uh, us your Mom mad at me?"

"Oh, of course! Anytime you need to, come by me. I gotchu like there's no tomorrow. And no, I don't think that she's too mad at you. Honestly she's probably relieved to see you over here again, and to have another person around here besides me, who's a real pain in her ass sometimes," Monique chuckles, which I catch onto quickly. But it ends quickly when Monique's Mom, Lindsey, stops by the door, her curly copper hair bouncing as she stops near the door.

"Hey, uh, your rides here," she says, her green eyes meet my dark ones. I take a breath and slide down the chair, not wanting to leave. "Girl, you've been here for two days-"

"Okay okay okay, I'm going I'm going!" I quickly stand up and give her a playful glare. She just chuckles and walks away, back to her room. Monique rolls her eyes and gives me my jacket and shoes as I stumble over to her. I'm tired and I don't wanna go, but I have to. I slip on my shoes and jacket, and let Monique push me towards the door. She opens it.

"Hey, it's gonna be fine. You guys are siblings. Family. And damily always forgives family. You'll be just fine, even if this was a little excessive for a fight with your brother," the taller redhead in front of me adivses, and I smile.