𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

the black raven | 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

□ mara □

When sleeping in a new place for the first time, you would think it would be creepy. And it is. But then you still get a sense of comfort mixed in there, just because you would be with someone or around something you know.

Not in this case. It was spectacularly creepy and silent. Everyone went to bed within an hour of each other.

Dinner was kind of like a walking nightmare of awkwardness, so I went up here in the room I'm staying in, and have stayed here since. And when I say walking nightmare, I mean it.

I felt so out of place and didn't eat much which was a pretty odd start, since I do like dinner a lot. I mean, it's free food that other people make for you.

Unless your home alone, then you get to make whatever you want yourself. But this wasn't me just being home alone. I wasn't really even in my home. I was in someone elses.

I was in my fathers, Bruce Wayne's home. I still can't get over the fact that my father, my biological father, is the one and only Bruce Wayne.

Man, I thought understanding algebra was tough. I was so utterly wrong. The food that everyone ate downstairs was good, but it wasn't my favorite.

I still ate some portions of it, just to be polite. Alfred noticed that I wasn't hungry or that I simply didn't like the food very much and asked if I was finished.

Very grateful for him being here at least, because if I was stuck with those boys alone, I'm screwed. Meaning a very awkward silence. 

Fortunately Alfred started the conversations and went from topic to topic, mostly staying along the lines of school, weather, work, and the news.

He never directly asked me any questions, which I was again grateful for. The boys didn't ask me any either.

It was like they were in a reality TV show, like Keeping Up With The Kardashians, and I was the viewer. Just watching them, seeing how dinner was around here.

It was nice though too; it wasn't all negative reviews from this end of the spectrum. The boys were polite and considerably orderly, despite what I'd seen from Damian earlier.