The Bathroom - Part Two

~ two weeks later ~

□Mara□

Me and Damian have kept up our little game, and it's actually kind of fun. Bruce is still trying to talk to me, to get somewhere with me, which does make me have pity for him. But I do my best to ignore it and him, because I will not give in that easily. I will not forgive him that easily.

My brothers on the other hand were easier to forgive so quickly because they were groomed into it, and they saw that as their only chance to get past what demons they failed to hide.

With Bruce it's different because he chose to go down that path. He chose to bring his children, his children, into it.

"Mara, are you alright?" Bruce's voice echoes through my skull, and I blink.

I look over at him as he leans forward in his office chair. Me, Damian, and Dick are in his office, at Wayne Enterprises for some big campaign, of which he needs his families support. Alfred and Tim are coming too, they are just running late.

I hear Bruce clear his throat, and I just go back to staring out the window.

I'm not talking to him. He's not talking to me. And why the hell did he ask if I'm alright?! I'm literally staring out the goddamned window! What is that illegal now?!

"Ok, well, just checking." He finishes. Then, not even ten seconds later, Dick speaks up.

"Can we just get along?"

What the -?

Damian turns to look at Dick, and I follow suit. I hear Bruce's pen stop making noise, meaning he stopped writing. I'm guessing were all staring at Dick now, with the most confused and somewhat irritated looks on our faces.

"What?" I ask, trying to sound a bit less sour than my mood. He frowns at me. Damian is sitting in between us, and he doesn't have to look my way for me to see his eye roll.

"Oh cut the crap Mara, you know exactly what your doing here, and I'm sick and tired of it!" He exclaims, and I feel myself become mildly irritated.

Why the hell is he pushing this now?

"Wh-w-why I - what? Wh- you know what nevermind." I stutter, sighing. I'm too tired to argue with him about this, let alone in front of Bruce. Plus Damian is with me on this, and he doesn't like others to meddle in his plans.

Dick gives me a cold stare, colder than his frown. Damian takes a breath in and looks back out the window. I can tell he's now trying to ignore Dick rather than Bruce.

"Okay, guys, can we just leave it alone for now? We can have this argument later, can't we?" Bruce says.

"Oh and there it is!" Dick shouts, throwing his hands in Bruce's direction. I flip my head to look at him. He's leaning forward with his hands folded.

"Dick," Bruce warns, and I swallow. I've never actually heard Bruce get angry at anyone before, like actually angry. I wonder if he's like mother, but shake that thought off. He can't be, couldn't be. I don't know what I would do if he is.