The Man In Red

□Jason□

That son of a goddamned bitch. He really showed.

I knew he would, I just didn't think it would be that quick. Either way, I'll get out quicker than he can blink.

He seems taller and more intimidating than I remember, but that was two years ago. I'm not the same person I was back then, and neither was he.

I used to give no shits back then, but now I do. Well, about two shits anyways. Then that's it.

"I see you,"

And there it is.

His gravely ass voice, to match his gravely ass characteristics.

I watch him in his fucking bird costume, ears pointed and all. God, it's stupid.

He looks so goddamned stupid, crouching near the kid I found to be Tim Drake.

I guess he got a promotion, from the last time I saw him, as he was just a trainee.

Look at him now, trying to be all high and mighty.

I hate them. I hate all of them.

I especially hate him, who forgot about me like I was nothing.

The girl I met -- having a spitting personality of Bruce Wayne's -- she's the only one who ever really mourned me, from what I've been told and what I've seen.

So I don't hate her, not as much as the rest anyways. She's still a kid. She used to know nothing about this. About what Bruce and the rest of them did.

"How do you want to do this? I come to you or you come to me?"

I scoff at Batman's continuation, shaking my head. I'll make it out just fine, without him seeing anything he doesn't need to see.

So I step out into the dim light of the warehouse I'm held up in for tonight, and stop after a couple feet of walking.

He's standing now, in front of his son, almost protectively.

"Look at you, all high and mighty," I growl, tilting my head.

I'm not gonna lie, seeing him standing there fucking hurts. It makes me so fucking jealous, but I can't help it. I used to be one of his kids, and now I'm not. I can't mope around getting all whiny because I'm not there anymore -- I'm dead to them.

"I asked you a question."

"And I don't have to fucking answer to you,"

"Fine, I'll come to you then."

I shake my head, knowing what I'm gonna do to him, how I'm gonna make his head spin. He charges towards me, and I swiftly leap up, grabbing the bar above me, swinging myself backwards with ease. As I use momentum to go forward, I see he's already preparing himself for a kick from me.

But I'm not going to kick him.

Instead, as he comes close enough, I let go of the bar, my body flying over him. I hear him spin around and start coming back towards me, and I immediately kick back, letting him catch my foot.

He yanks me backwards, and I twist my body, so I'm facing him.

Quickly, before he can slam me down to the ground, I reach for his neck, grab on, and push myself upwards. My free right foot pushes off of his left shoulder, and I leap upwards, into the shadowy darkness of the second floor.

Then, grabbing the second floor railing, I flip myself over the railing and land on my feet, softly.

I escape out of the warehouse within the next ten seconds with silence.