𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒

the black raven | 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒

□ jason □

It's been two weeks of Mara living here, and I guess you could say I've gotten used to her.

I'm better at dealing with change after Damian and Tim came into the picture a couple of years ago, but not as good as Alfred. Alfred acts like she's been here for years.

I mean, I guess she is... never mind.  That's an odd word to not just say, but to think about. Over the past couple of years, we've added new family members, so at this point I'm used to new people. But this-- this is a stretch.

She's not family, not yet. She has no idea what we do, who we are, and she probably comes from the lower side of Gotham. Well, the lower-lower side of Gotham, where she's probably witnessed us in action a couple of times.

I'm completely dumbfound on what to do and how to act. And if I can trust her, and how quickly she can gain my trust. 

Sure, I might be comfortable with Mara here, but that doesn't mean that I trust, believe, or listen to her. I was just trying to make an okay impression when I first met her. Now I could give two shits, but I don't.

I'm pretty sure that she'd agreed with just me, that if we just stay out of one anothers way we'll be fine tolerating one another.

I would bet good money that Damian's doing the same, or ignoring her like she isn't there. Per his usual.

However I do know that Dick and her have talked a bit, or at least I see them talking whenever I cross paths with them.

But that's just because he's a sociable asshole, and he actually wants to be a good role model for her. He's a goody-two shoes. Always has been, always will be.

I don't see a reason why; Bruce's bound to rope her into the shit we do at night at some point, if she wants to or not. He can't help it. It's his coping obsession.

So I'll let Dick be ten feet up his own ass worrying about her safety and shit, let him take the lead on this whole situation.

Speaking of situations: Bruce and Tim-- yeah, I keep my trat shut about them because if I say a single word, this house is gonna get Game of Thrones-y really quickly.

If I worry about my problems and Dick worries about his, we're fine.

Mara is his problem more than mine, and I'm perfectly fine with that.